20s and 35s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

csirnak

Reaction score
How is the ride quality on these? Compared to the stock BFG, a 35" tire on a 20" still has about 7.5 inches of sidewall compared to the approx 8.7 inches of the stock setup. not a huge difference. Who has rode in one?

mkelly984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm confused how that math works out. Your over all diameter stays the same,your wheel size goes up by 3 inches but you only loose an inch of side wall? I just can't quite grasp that one.

OP
OP
C

csirnak

Reaction score
I'm confused how that math works out. Your over all diameter stays the same,your wheel size goes up by 3 inches but you only loose an inch of side wall? I just can't quite grasp that one.

Wheel size up three inches, tire size up one inches. 2 inches so I guess it's a difference of 15 inches of sidewall vs 17.4 inches of sidewall.

Although why I'm even answering this is beyond me.

Apparently I need dem 28s. Spinnas beeotch. South central.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How is the ride quality on these? Compared to the stock BFG, a 35" tire on a 20" still has about 7.5 inches of sidewall compared to the approx 8.7 inches of the stock setup. not a huge difference. Who has rode in one?

Haha. The guys on this forum are such @*&holes!!!

Seriously - that little bit of difference will have a HUGE effect on ride quality. Unless it's just a street queen - then who cares.....

Go with DUBS!!!!

Yeah, if it's going to be a street queen, got for it. But if you want to offraod, stick with the 17's, more sidewall is always better. I saw a couple weeks ago someone with 20s and 35s went offroading, hit a rock, and dented the hell out of his rim, causing a flat. Had he had more side wall it probably wouldn't have smashed his rim. More side wall while offroading is also why a lot of us go to 37s and 17s, maybe 18s....just provides a better ride on and offroad, and more sidewall when airing down.

But, forget what i just said if it's going to be a street queen...like Ruby said...