2014 Screw max wheel size help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brain is dizzy with all the offset threads, calculators and analysis. Speaking to the wheel dealers, I get conflicting answers. So, in our effort to find "proper" wheels for our Raptor, we are looking at both the Fuel Hostage (deep lip if possible) and the one we really like are the new Hostage II in anthracite. The latter being a 2 piece forged wheel. The hostage II come minimum at 20x10 with a -19 offset. 1 dealer said no way, the other said if will stuck out past fender a tad but won't rub. We haven't leveled or done perch adjustment yet. That's a whole other story as in debating between the 2. For reference, we are street queens as you guys call it. This truck will not see off-road, most likely. Realistically, would the 20x10 -19 work without rubbing? Not sure if anything changed for 2014. I've read conflicting posts regarding that size and rubbing. We love the wider stance, should ride well too. The regular black hostage wheel I am debating between 18x9 or 20x9 and those come in either 1 or 20 offset.

I guess we are looking for people who have done any or all of the above. Thanks for the help all.

5280SVT6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on a 22" Fuel Trophy with a +0 offset. I run a 325/50/22 and don't rub. Most here don't recommend more than a +0 offset due to the wear on suspension/steering components. Originally I wanted to run a 22x12 with a -44 offset but that turned out to be way too aggressive. -19 is certainly doable especially given the fact she's a street queen but probably not advised. Definitely post pics!

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics? Lol. I got to decide in wheels first. :). Seems like 22" is easier to fit then 20x10". -44 is way to aggressive. -19 is pushing it big time and I believe it will stick out a little to far from fender. A little is fine for an sggressivr look but from what I measure it seems like it will push out front of rim by 3" +. I definitely want to avoid rubbing as well as keep the overall ride quality, that's ehy I'm thinking 18x9 but can't find a wheel we Love. We like a few, love the hostsge II. Think it would look great against silver raptor and anthrwcite fender flares.

Sinraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered 20x9 wheels with 0 offset on 35x12.5x20 nitto. I was also told any negative offset wasn't going to work. I would stay close to 0 as possible.

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered 20x9 wheels with 0 offset on 35x12.5x20 nitto. I was also told any negative offset wasn't going to work. I would stay close to 0 as possible.

Post some pics when installed

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brain is dizzy with all the offset threads, calculators and analysis. Speaking to the wheel dealers, I get conflicting answers. So, in our effort to find "proper" wheels for our Raptor, we are looking at both the Fuel Hostage (deep lip if possible) and the one we really like are the new Hostage II in anthracite. The latter being a 2 piece forged wheel. The hostage II come minimum at 20x10 with a -19 offset. 1 dealer said no way, the other said if will stuck out past fender a tad but won't rub. We haven't leveled or done perch adjustment yet. That's a whole other story as in debating between the 2. For reference, we are street queens as you guys call it. This truck will not see off-road, most likely. Realistically, would the 20x10 -19 work without rubbing? Not sure if anything changed for 2014. I've read conflicting posts regarding that size and rubbing. We love the wider stance, should ride well too. The regular black hostage wheel I am debating between 18x9 or 20x9 and those come in either 1 or 20 offset.

I guess we are looking for people who have done any or all of the above. Thanks for the help all.

Post some pics when you get them!

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was thinking of mid perch. A bit cautious on ride quality. Someday mid perch others say leveling kit. I was looking at ready lift uograded version with the blue to match. Supposedly it offers oem ride quality and shocks still have full travel (not that I need it).

I cancelled the Hostage II order at -19 offset. It's too bad with the hostage being so popular they don't make the anthracite in the regular or deep lip hostage. Or the 2 piece with a zero or higher offset.