-12 or bit more Negative offset wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey i looked for negative offset wheels on the search, i noted much of you hate them. Why is that?

It have a positive side of wearing -12 or a bit more negative offsets wheels

-It give you a wider stance what means better handling.

-it could save you from a broken fenders whenever you hit something like a dirt wall.

- will looks better off and on road.

Please dont say the next things:
-It will rub the fenders.
-Makes it dirty pretty fast.
-What else?

You can say whatever you dont like from negative offsets wheels but, dont say it will rub your fenders please or it will makes your truck looks dirty.

If you have -12 or a bit more of negative offset wheels please post your pic
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361935484.658802.jpg

Thanks, really apreciated your answer

Sorry if i had bad grammar.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
sigh.... okay well were do i start
the raptor was designed with +28 offset wheels.. meaning the geometry of the whole front suspension was designed using that offset.
running -12 or more you will be more prone to wear out joints and your wheel hubs. also it does "not" give you more ground clearence like you stated on the I want beadlocks thread.
sure it looks cool. but my 17x9 -6 offset along side 13.50 wide tires stick out just plenty enough to **** my rear bedsides up.

OP
OP
K

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the raptor was designed with +28 offset wheels.. meaning the geometry of the whole front suspension was designed using that offset.
running -12 or more you will be more prone to wear out joints and your wheel hubs. also it does "not" give you more ground clearence like you stated on the I want beadlocks thread.
sure it looks cool. but my 17x9 -6 offset along side 13.50 wide tires stick out just plenty enough to **** my rear bedsides up.

I respect your answer and i take it in count, but it is a truck what you expect if your are serious about offroading any part can be worn pretty quick.

My mainly concern is the ride quality. will be harsh with - offsets wheels?

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
i meant in everyday use, your wheel hubs will go out sooner then a person with stock rims , on the roads.
And no i dont see why it would be harsh, just depends how much rubber you go there.

OP
OP
K

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i meant in everyday use, your wheel hubs will go out sooner then a person with stock rims , on the roads.
And no i dont see why it would be harsh, just depends how much rubber you go there.

Oh nice then.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361937875.787684.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361937875.787684.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 165

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OEM Wheels are +34.

To the OP. Negative offset may look cool but you will just wear out your suspension pieces much quicker. If you want to rebuild your front suspension pieces on a reg basis then it's your money. Did I mention that your wheel bearings will also wear out much quicker? Everything has a cost and if you are willing to pay then go for it.

RaptorPeru

Reaction score
-12 offset
35x12.50 r20
image_zpsbd099282.jpg
image_zps605439a5.jpg
image_zpsfcd985dd.jpg
image_zps9e5c3cb2.jpg
0d96218c-c55e-4bae-98d2-f83df1ec3c79_zps351e0888.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We would not recommend going past a 0 offset. As others have said, stock is +34, so 0 offset pushes them out about 1.33".

The Method wheels come in a 0 offset. Here are a few pics of our trucks with Methods and 37s.

edited-0206.jpg

edited-0050.jpg

dusttrail_0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.