*DEAL ALERT* New Method NV 305 Black $624/set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got them installed! Each NV weighed 5 pounds lighter than the stock wheel. 20 total pounds off rotational weight, and seeing a slight improvement in mpg...although I'll lose that when I go to 37's

IMG_1854a_zps02cd1ec7.jpg

Just received my NVs today....

Have what may be a dumb question, but can't seem to find the answers.

I'm pretty sure that the bead lock ring on the NV's are for looks only....does it unbolt from the wheel?
If so, I would think that you mount the tires without the ring?

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No stupid questions...no, the fake Beadlock ring doesn't come off the wheels. The bolts do but doesn't effect anything, can drive with the bolts off if you would want to, purely cosmetic. Tires are mounted with the fake ring and bolts attached. Hope that helps

I'd rather have it this way tho, rather than having true beadlocks that are a pain to balance and the bolts on those need to be tightened like every 200 miles. True beadlocks are not for daily drivers.

I'm very happy with my NV's

Last edited:

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No stupid questions...no, the fake Beadlock ring doesn't come off the wheels. The bolts do but doesn't effect anything, can drive with the bolts off if you would want to, purely cosmetic. Tires are mounted with the fake ring and bolts attached. Hope that helps

I'd rather have it this way tho, rather than having true beadlocks that are a pain to balance and the bolts on those need to be tightened like every 200 miles. True beadlocks are not for daily drivers.

I'm very happy with my NV's

Thanks for the info!

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Sano Dano Also, I ended up powder coating my NV's black before I mounted them. Some might say its a waste of money...but I always loved Methods but thought they always seemed to have a dirt film/haze on them and wasn't a big fan of the dullish matte finish. Decided to powder coat for $50 a wheel...I think thats the standard price for most wheels...and couldn't be happier that I did. Wouldn't say that its for everyone, but just thought its something to quickly consider before you mount them up.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@The Macf

Here ya go, not the best pic but it's what I have handy on my phone right now. I had mine powder coated semi-gloss black so they weren't too shiny. They have a very similar look to a new, clean method matte finish that's not dirty. They are just easier to clean and keep that new look.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 369

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought 4 new 37x12.5x17 Nittos (2 at a time of course). $100 off + $100 off + free shipping + no sales tax... $1332.00 at my door. I really, really, really, want new wheels but can't have them today. Now I have to sit by my door.

Holy Crap!!! Ordered tires Monday afternoon from across the country and they're here Thursday morning!

svt_ivan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
f840687097aee7bd3919f3d4c15244f1.jpg

They have arrived as well as some other minor mods (LEDS & Tactical Flag)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mad Max

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's like Christmas every day! Enjoy watching my Brother Raptors open presents!