Upgraded IWE gear replacement interest

Are you interested in an upgraded IWE gear?

• Yes definitly

Votes: 82 71.3%
  • Not at all

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Maybe Later

Votes: 31 27.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rcv already makes Iwe gears.... Best way is to get rid of it period and run your axles full time....
I would buy that! Eliminate the IWE all together! then when you activate 4x4 only the transfer case engages. Does it bind the front end to just drive with axles engaged all the time?

Last edited:

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would buy that! Eliminate the IWE all together! then when you activate 4x4 only the transfer case engages. Does it bind the front end to just drive with axles engaged all the time?

No it would not bind the front end. You would have more drag so less mpg, and more wear and tear on the front drive train parts. Now not sure if the Torsten diff would cause steering to be a little heavy.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blew mine yesterday at Snoball dynamically rescuing another truck....the day I hit 50,000 miles :/ We changed it on the trail in less than an hour. That being said, I would rather not lose the front wheels and would pay for insurance.

When you say dynamically, do you mean you were using a kinetic recovery rope or were you using a static strap?

This is pretty unnerving, if using a kinetic rope.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say dynamically, do you mean you were using a kinetic recovery rope or were you using a static strap?

This is pretty unnerving, if using a kinetic rope.

Dynamic recovery with strap :/
I know, I know. Kinda dumb

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm interested. When are they available? Buying other parts and getting ready to install stuff within the next 2 months :)

OP
OP
HAYNES OFFROAD

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Still in test phase and in preproduction. I would love to release before TRR but only time will tell.

I plan to release 2 versions.

Version 1 will be a direct replacement, OEM functionality.

Version 2 will be a IWE delete. Hubs will be locked full time, disconnect at transfer case.

I am also developing a complete IWE vacuum system replacement kit. OEM functionality. looking at summer/fall release for this. Stay tuned. :)

As for RCV having these IWE deletes, yes it seems they have made some. But I do not believe they are available to the public as of yet.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just a lowly f150 owner, but I would for sure be interested, mine pop every time. How much wear are we talking with the iwe delete? Cvs prematurely needing replaced?