Upgraded IWE gear replacement interest

Are you interested in an upgraded IWE gear?

• Yes definitly

Votes: 82 71.3%
  • Not at all

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Maybe Later

Votes: 31 27.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you knew how expensive these initial units were... You wouldn't make more than you needed either!! Haha

Here's a little run down of current costs for me so far...

Internal spline shaper cutter for tooling (good for small batches) $1350

Internal spline broach (for mass production) $3590

And that doesn't even include the cost for the actual product or materials!

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

I've gone through 2 OEM sets, and have gone through 6 different sets while testing differant materials. I'm at 15k miles, and maybe 2.5k in 4wd. Lol

I have 20000 and maybe 500 in 4x4

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2012 has had the IWEs replaced 4 times. They are f'd again and Ford fights me on this every tme I bring it in for service. Transfer case, solenoid, wiring to solenoid, and IWEs are always causing problems. I need a more permenant fix!

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about polling the non raptor forums? like F150 forums. Like you said, it is not isolated to Raptors and I would suspect there are more standard f150's out there that are used for 4 wheeling than the Raptor.
Just a thought. Oh and I would definitely pick up a pair for since of reliability comfort.

OP
OP
HAYNES OFFROAD

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
@Mil T yes, I am working on that as well! I believe the market IS there, but we are a small company, and have to plan carefully. Once word of mouth begins to spread, it should takeoff well.

D

Deleted member 12951

Voted. Said later. I would like to see what others say after they have been out, even though I know you will test them better than most. I was a guinea pig for something else and didn't turn out in my favor.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Voted. I hope these are ready to go in the spring since I am getting ready to do some other suspension mods finally. My truck is showing early signs of problems on the left front but operates somewhat normally for now.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blew mine yesterday at Snoball dynamically rescuing another truck....the day I hit 50,000 miles :/ We changed it on the trail in less than an hour. That being said, I would rather not lose the front wheels and would pay for insurance.

OP
OP
HAYNES OFFROAD

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Blew mine yesterday at Snoball dynamically rescuing another truck....the day I hit 50,000 miles :/ We changed it on the trail in less than an hour. That being said, I would rather not lose the front wheels and would pay for insurance.

Did you strip the teeth or crack the whole gear? Sounds like cracked...

rptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rcv already makes Iwe gears....
Best way is to get rid of it period and run your axles full time....