Upgraded IWE gear replacement interest

Are you interested in an upgraded IWE gear?

• Yes definitly

Votes: 82 71.3%
  • Not at all

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Maybe Later

Votes: 31 27.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HAYNES OFFROAD

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
So give me a couple weeks guys. That will give me time to get estimates for mass production, and also for a few more prototype versions to be made, that way I can start fiqureing out what the cost on these are gonna be per pair. Im not looking to make a bunch a profit on the initial release (Kickstarter campaign) so prices will be much lower for backers. At this point I just want to break even and get this product out there. These next few weeks should start to get interesting.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So give me a couple weeks guys. That will give me time to get estimates for mass production, and also for a few more prototype versions to be made, that way I can start fiqureing out what the cost on these are gonna be per pair. Im not looking to make a bunch a profit on the initial release (Kickstarter campaign) so prices will be much lower for backers. At this point I just want to break even and get this product out there. These next few weeks should start to get interesting.

As I sit here, with my truck in the shop for what will undoubtedly be yet another IWE issue, I can't help but whimper and hope for an IWE solution. I had considered RCVs, but after thorough reading about them, decided it's a bad way to go for a daily driver (and play toy).

This IWE is so old. I've lost track of how many sets I've been through.
:suicide:

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As I sit here, with my truck in the shop for what will undoubtedly be yet another IWE issue, I can't help but whimper and hope for an IWE solution. I had considered RCVs, but after thorough reading about them, decided it's a bad way to go for a daily driver (and play toy).

why do you feel the RCV's are a bad way to go? I haven't heard much on the negative side of things for them

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score

why do you feel the RCV's are a bad way to go? I haven't heard much on the negative side of things for them

^ this. why do you say that? They would have no impact on daily driving whatsoever.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I've read a few threads on here about the increased steering stress, as well as various other failures. The concept that you are now turning the ring gear into the drive gear (instead of the pinion) while in 2WD is concerning to me as well. I realize this is how some vehicles work (like my Jeep, for example), however those vehicles are made for it. It seems that some folks running the RCVs have had decent issues, even reverted to stock. My truck is both a toy and a daily driver, so I'm pretty hesitant to go that route without a much higher degree of comfort.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it does none of that lol. every other major manufacturer uses a live axle setup factory.
It wont hurt any of your driveline. all that junk is a myth.

I honestly have no idea why ford stuck with the IWE for the F150. In all their other 4x4 vehicles they tried this system, and sucked, so they switch to live axles. Rangers, Explorers, etc.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it does none of that lol. every other major manufacturer uses a live axle setup factory.
It wont hurt any of your driveline. all that junk is a myth.

I honestly have no idea why ford stuck with the IWE for the F150. In all their other 4x4 vehicles they tried this system, and sucked, so they switch to live axles. Rangers, Explorers, etc.
Ok, I'm willing to consider it. I've started another thread to gather some more information about it. It's really the only solution I can find right now short of fixing the 4 wheel drive 1-2 times a year. That solution is going to suck pretty quick once my warranty expires.

It blows my mind that this is such a prolific problem with no solution (other than the RCV "get rid of them" approach).

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Any update?