GEN 1 Wrench Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fodded_Cockpit

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Before posting, I searched on this forum but didn't find much. I google searched and had multiple scenarios.
I was wondering if any of you have had this issue. I have a '13 Screw with 70,*** miles. I was driving at about 80 on the highway on a slight downhill and all of a sudden, the car stopped responding to the gas pedal and began to slow down on its own. Then the orange wrench light came on. I was pressing on the gas pedal as it was happening and it wasn't responding at all. This happened for about 5 seconds, and the pedal began responding again but the light stayed on. Shortly after that, I felt the truck shudder as if it was running out of gas. I got off the highway and decided to head back home. It shuddered more aggressively the second time, but nothing else for the rest of the drive home. I wanted to take it straight to the dealer, but they were already closed. This is the first time it happened.
The only mod I've done to the truck is the exhaust but never had issues. Everything else is stock.
From my search, I've read people saying it's the throttle body, fuse, third brake light, etc.
Was wondering if this happened to any of you here and what you did to fix it. If theres a link on this already, please feel free to post it on here.
Your help is much appreciated it.

OP
OP
Fodded_Cockpit

Fodded_Cockpit

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I'll read the link and will try it. I appreciate your help. Will update this after I make this fix.