Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]

Whipple vs roush vs hellion

This is a discussion on Whipple vs roush vs hellion within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
I'm for Whipple, Whipple is only the Supercharger, with lots of upgrade packages. But if you like all the badging ...

User Tag List

Like Tree30Likes

Sponsored By: GotExhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2016, 02:19 PM   #21 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I'm for Whipple, Whipple is only the Supercharger, with lots of upgrade packages.
But if you like all the badging and want to pay extra for them, then go Roush.
The Roush exhaust has different opinions from owners you would need to search for the threads on this forum.

Whipple 700+ HP Upgrade Package, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,
Future Installs: Brembo Brakes 15" Gran Turismo

Last edited by MTF; 03-24-2016 at 02:24 PM.
MTF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:46 PM   #22 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Originally Posted by MTF View Post
I'm for Whipple, Whipple is only the Supercharger, with lots of upgrade packages.
But if you like all the badging and want to pay extra for them, then go Roush.
The Roush exhaust has different opinions from owners you would need to search for the threads on this forum.
To be clear, I don't care about the badging in the slightest, I plan on leaving any badging/stickers off (I MIGHT do the head rests) - but the Roush comes with exhaust, a gauge, etc. That stuff adds up. I'm just trying to compare apples to apples - I've been leaning Whipple, but this is a big buy and I like to educate myself. I've also heard complaints about the noise of the Roush exhaust. I do NOT want the noise to get annoying. I don't mind SOME, but I'm not going for noise. I'm actually happy with stock exhaust and my AFE CAI as is. If a little more noise will get me some more power, that's fine, but I don't want noise just for noise. Also, I prefer a turn-down system since I already crushed my stock tips and had to cut them off.

2008 Mercedes SLK 280
2003 Jeep Rubicon (sort of)
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:53 PM   #23 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

To be honest save your money on the whole exhaust thing.
That is something you can always do later and do by yourself if you want to.
Or give yourself some more time to research exhaust at least.
If my stock exhaust ever falls off and gets completely destroyed, I may do headers.

Whipple 700+ HP Upgrade Package, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,

Last edited by MTF; 03-24-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:19 PM   #24 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

You can get the Roush without all the extra stuff, or get it from JDM with all the upgrades and a much better tune than what comes from Roush. Since you don't want that whine all the time then the Roush might be a better choice. There is very little of it in comparison to the Whipple. What ever you do, or which ever system you choose just remember to avoid the 60lb injectors on the Whipple! I didn't read about it on the web, i have first hand experience with it and the issues it has.
jlatigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:32 PM   #25 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

LOL, everybody is entitled to share their opinion.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

My truck is in the shop now getting a bunch of work done including the Whipple. I initially went with the 700 hp stage 2 kit (60 lb injectors, dual 68mm TB, 3.25" pulley), which as I understand it was developed for the Shelby Baja 700 trucks. I saw dyno charts for that setup that were in the 550+ RWHP range, which I thought was good. But ultimately I decided to get a little more aggressive and switched to a monoblade TB and a 3.125" pulley. I wanted to see if I could get it up towards the 600 RWHP mark. Why? Honestly, if you are asking that question, then I'm not sure a supercharged Raptor is really for you.

Hope to have real world results in the next week or so. Assuming it runs. Recently heard on the internet that it won't.
Truckzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:31 PM   #27 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

Good one!

Old 03-24-2016, 04:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I have the "standard" whipple package, 47lb ford racking injectors, 3.5 pulley, GT500 TB etc.. JDM tune. Feels good. Speaking of pulley, what size could I go down to with this setup? SAFELY!

Old 03-24-2016, 04:39 PM   #29 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

But I just re-read jlatigo's last post.
Now he's saying he has a Whippled Raptor, well that's great!
Should have said that in the post where he stated,
"make sure you don't get the Whipple kit with the 60lb injectors, word is they are very difficult to tune."

That changes things for me, I would have responded differently.

So I will start over,
jlatigo, can you tell us what mods you have done and what were your exact issues.
What steps did you take to resolve them with Whipple?

And jlatigo, you have been around for a while on the forum, why not fill out your sig and list mods.

Last edited by MTF; 03-24-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:51 PM   #30 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Dane View Post
I'm in this exact decision making process right now (Roush vs. Whipple). How do the kits compare? I know what Roush comes with - all sorts of things, exhaust, stickers, head rests, tune, gauge, etc etc - and I'm looking at about $9,600 out the door at my local shop. I haven't got a price on Whipple yet, but is it a kit like that, or will I be piecing it together? It'd be great to hear from someone who has driven both since I've driven neither.

Call or email Jdm. They will get you exactly what you need. Great people to deal with. You don't have to get all the extra crap such as badges and stickers and the exhaust. Go to their website and check their packages. It's a lot better looking that 9600. Plus you get their tune which I hear is top notch. Mine is still in the mail so I won't be able to speak first hand for a couple more weeks. I asked them about 300 questions and they were happy to answer all of them. Even the dumb ones
svt_reid is offline   Reply With Quote