Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]

Whipple vs roush vs hellion

This is a discussion on Whipple vs roush vs hellion within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Ok guys I'm looking for opinions on which to go with. Whipple or roush superchargers, or hellion turbo kit. Anyone ...

User Tag List

Like Tree30Likes

Sponsored By: GotExhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2016, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Whipple vs roush vs hellion
Ok guys I'm looking for opinions on which to go with. Whipple or roush superchargers, or hellion turbo kit. Anyone with experience good or bad with any of these products would help. I like the hellion kit because it comes with headers and more power potential with a good custom tune, but i also like how the whipple and roush are more tested even if they do not make the same power without more bolt ons.

lbrewster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

I haven't heard much good feedback on the hellion kit, there are still some tuning issues with high hp raptors, so far the only thing I've heard is people who were glad to take it off and some positive feedback from a guy trying to sell his but what else can you say when you're trying to sell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ICON 3.0 - ICON UCA - ICON Leaf Springs - SVC Bypass Rack - Custom King 4.0s - ICON BUMPSTOP/FRAME SUPPORT - RPG TIE RODS - ICON LCA SKIDS - UMP INTAKE - MBRP TURDOWN W/RES - 5STAR TUNE - METHOD 17" 105 BEADLOCKS - 37" BFG BAJA T/A KR - RPG RACELINE FRONT/REAR BUMPER - R1 BRAKE PACKAGE WITH AMSOIL FLUID AND SDHQ SS LINES - 5 x 6.7 VIS X LIGHT CANNONS - BD 60" ONNX ARC RE - BD S2 RE - LINEX BED - CRAVEN STUBBY
RLTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Have not heard much on the hellion either. Sounds badass. Whipple over Roush in my opinion hands down. More power, and same price, and a lot more of them out there for feedback. I have alittle over 700hp at the crank, and 535 rw. That's about the max I believe.

13TerrainSCREW BFG AT 37's Method Roost Rims Whipple SC 3.25 pully Afco HE 65mm TB Kooks LT headers & exhaust Dynomax VT Rear Deavers Road Armor frnt & back bumper replace Alum driveshaft JDM tune Aeroforce A-pillar pod gauges Mid-perch Rigid 20" bar 6' floods driving & wide cubes M&R hood lights amber side&hood vent lights bed lights Bak Roll-X Stub ant black grill badges skid exhaust hood wrap smoked tail&brake lts
RaptorFlipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

Only experience i have are with the Roush and Whipple set ups. The Whipple makes more power but the drivabilty leaves a ton to be desired. Roush makes less but it drives as it is supposed to EVERY TIME.
jlatigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Just ordered a roush from Jdm. Can't wait to get it in the mail. I'd say definitely roush or whipple. Two proven systems
jlatigo likes this.
svt_reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:01 AM   #6 (permalink)

aka LSUstang05

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I'm currently driving a whipple'd truck and like all vehicles which are forced induction after the factory, the tune is key. The tune on the truck I'm driving is spot on and there are no issues at all with drivability.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Depends on what you can get for a better price. If the difference isn't that much I'd get the whipple though. When you're comparing, make sure it's apples to apples (i.e. both have upgraded heat exchanger, throttle body, etc...)
MTF and Crikk like this.

Facebook | Instagram

Contact Us: [email protected]
Site: www.apollo-optics.com
Jordan@Apollo-Optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

I Agree with Jordan!

Any complaints from one or two of the Whipple guys, that had negative feedback are the ones that modified out side the parameters of the base Tune was designed for.
And then expected to have Tuners pay to make their mods work.
I have a few videos posted up of daily driving a Whipple.
And there one to two years old, the Tunes are even better now with more HP.

Whipple 700+ HP Upgrade Package, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,
Future Installs: Brembo Brakes 15" Gran Turismo

Last edited by MTF; 03-23-2016 at 10:37 AM.
MTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for all the input, what kinda numbers are people getting with headers on the whipple? And how bad is the noise. I do a lot of interstate driving with my truck and pull a boat quite a bit. Do not want something that is terribly loud.
lbrewster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Turbos do make more efficient power but often the combinations are more difficult to tune properly for good driveability. It takes the fun out of owning a 600+ HP vehicle.

On the other hand a Supercharger makes very good power and instant TQ which is what you want for a 6,000+lb truck.

We have two very proven combinations with our Roush 650HP and Whipple 650HP kit. Both kits are very well put together and make about the same amount of power that your stock engine can handle. The Whipple is a larger unit and allows for further upgrade-ablility to make more power if a proper fuel system and built engine are installed.

If you have any questions feel free to contact our team at 732-780-0770.

[email protected]

JimIII@JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

make sure you don't get the Whipple kit with the 60lb injectors, word is they are very difficult to tune.
jlatigo is offline   Reply With Quote