whipple vs Roush I know 100 times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since I refuse to pay over MSRP on the 2017 TT raptor I am going to SC my 2014. something I didn't want to do before as that 10K could be used to buy 2017.
well here I am looking now. a few things I don't quite get maybe someone can help me out.
Roush has lower end power more TQ cost a few bucks less and needs to add a HE.
Whipple has more top end power higher hp and you can add on the HE upgrade cost a few bucks more.

assuming this is correct and I am only interested in the 0-90 mph range is the Roush for me?
I have American racing long tubes, banks CAI, forget name but a throttle body and sct tuner with 5 star tunes. do I want the Roush or am I missing something here?
thanks

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was in the exact same boat as you. After a bunch of research I went with the Roush. I'm sure some will argue, but the reality seems to be that unless you want to start getting above that 650HP range - which means upgrading internals of the motor, the Roush is the way to go.

Yes, the Whipple can generate more power, but are you going to do all the motor work? I wasn't going to.

Also, the Roush is a lot more quiet.

Just my 2 cents.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oil pump gears need to be upgraded no matter which SC you choose. (Do your research!!!).
Roush having more lower end torque was when Roush first came out with the stage 2.
But now that the Whipple 700 HP+ kit (aka, Stage II) is available, that no longer holds true.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in the exact same boat as you. After a bunch of research I went with the Roush. I'm sure some will argue, but the reality seems to be that unless you want to start getting above that 650HP range - which means upgrading internals of the motor, the Roush is the way to go.

Yes, the Whipple can generate more power, but are you going to do all the motor work? I wasn't going to.

Also, the Roush is a lot more quiet.

Just my 2 cents.
Ya I'm not doing heads cams nothing else maybe pully but I'll do that right from the start. Stage 2 prob already has better pully?
What was cost and where did you get yours if you don't mind?
Sucks as I just did heads cams ect ect on my LS3 equipped impala I would of went SC on raptor first cuz I'm not driving impala until next summer ha silly me oh well

tahitiansoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my phase 2 from CJPONYPARTS. You Will get many reward points and can get the boost gauge and oil catch can almost for free. I also got the TB 65mm from them at $100 less Thanks to the rewards.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya I'm not doing heads cams nothing else maybe pully but I'll do that right from the start. Stage 2 prob already has better pully?
What was cost and where did you get yours if you don't mind?
Sucks as I just did heads cams ect ect on my LS3 equipped impala I would of went SC on raptor first cuz I'm not driving impala until next summer ha silly me oh well

I had mine done at Five R Trucks in Golden, Colorado (they have a show on Velocity). I want to say it was around $9,600 out the door, including an upgraded pulley and tune.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oil pump gears need to be upgraded no matter which SC you choose. (Do your research!!!).
Roush having more lower end torque was when Roush first came out with the stage 2.
But now that the Whipple 700 HP+ kit (aka, Stage II) is available, that no longer holds true.

How much of a PITA/cost was it to install that oil pump gear?

Of course it's cheaper than a new engine, but curious on install cost.

Edit: think I found my answer in the JDM thread. 8-10 hours w/o SC, or 2 days with SC. Wow

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had mine installed at dealer with SC on just under $1000, not including the gears.
Supercharger is not in the way of getting the oil pump gear replaced.
Not sure what circumstances JDM says 2 days with SC.

Last edited:

Verruckt

Reaction score
I've got a Roush one - Stage II, with LT Headers, 65MM TB, and have the JDM tune on the way (still waiting...).

No oil pump gear at all. Looks like its a ton of hassle and cost. I figure if I shart the engine I'll just rebuild it strong next time.