Whipple vs. Roush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thats good news. cant wait to hear some memebers results after they get up and running with the whipple and headers after this update

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish I could speak for the member that is the first.
We should hear something next week.

Last edited:

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
wipple is a win in all catagoies but sound. the truck will be my daily driver and i dont like the "screaming". is there any option for helical cut gears or a soud damping kit to keep the cab noise down?

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can always close up the CAI like the Roush kit and all whine will be gone if that's the way you want to roll

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Opened bottom, it takes in cold air when the hood is closed.

Have you looked at the two videos I have posted earlier in this thread?

Last edited:
OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So most of the wipples "Srceaming" is coming throught the open top on the CAI?

I was installing the reflashed PCM from Whipple today and I thought about my statment that you can quite down the Whipple by closing up the CAI.

Well I tried it I had a whole bunch of foam and hard plastic and made some kind of a crude box just to see.
And although I did quite it down a little it did not get all of the screaming, it is in the gears and the way the compressor fins work.

So I will retract my statment.

I do have to say you do not hear all that screaming inside the cab and the hood closed, yes their is a little whine when you go WOT.

If you have watched my video you can judge for youself, the sound is good from the recording.

Whippled 6.2 Ford SVT Raptor Run 1.mp4 - YouTube

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was installing the reflashed PCM from Whipple today and I thought about my statment that you can quite down the Whipple by closing up the CAI.

Well I tried it I had a whole bunch of foam and hard plastic and made some kind of a crude box just to see.
And although I did quite it down a little it did not get all of the screaming, it is in the gears and the way the compressor fins work.

So I will retract my statment.

I do have to say you do not hear all that screaming inside the cab and the hood closed, yes their is a little whine when you go WOT.

If you have watched my video you can judge for youself, the sound is good from the recording.

Whippled 6.2 Ford SVT Raptor Run 1.mp4 - YouTube

Thats got to be a blast to run around in!!! ha ha

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sweet

556225_10151217448581001_44072572_n.jpg

Just a few Cobra Jet Engines with Whipples at Ford Racing