Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]

Whipple vs. Roush

This is a discussion on Whipple vs. Roush within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Mtf you dd right. WHIPPLE...

User Tag List

Like Tree45Likes

Sponsored By: GotExhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Mtf you dd right. WHIPPLE

may28th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #22 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Well the next time my power steering pump whines, I will just tell everyone it is my supercharger.. Lol

-Greg
Squatting Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #23 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am Leaving Cabo tomorrow to drive up to Hennessey Performance in CA. They will be removing the Procharger, and installing the Roush Tuner Kit. They are getting just over 600 hp at the crank, or right around 500 RWHP. I am super excited to get this done, and will let everyone know how I like it. It will be a few weeks, because while it is up there, I am doing a bunch of other work to the truck..

I love road trips....
Chrisandalex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #24 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
600 is better than 525, I'm sure you'll like it.

Whipple 700+ HP Upgrade Package, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,
Future Installs: Brembo Brakes 15" Gran Turismo
MTF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #25 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Chrisandalex1 View Post
I am going to first say that I am not qualified to make any argument here, but I read this, and thought it was interesting.

The new ROUSH F-150 superchargers are a positive displacement supercharger that features twin four-lobe rotors that are twisted 160-degrees. By comparison, the original Eaton supercharger rotating assembly featured three lobes twisted 60 degrees. The fourth lobe and added twist, when combined with NEWLY redesigned air inlet and outlet ports, greatly enhance thermal efficiency, deliver higher volumetric capacity, enable higher operating speeds, creates a smoother, more efficient flow of air into the engine and has improved noise and vibration characteristics.

This was regarding the Roush kit.

Here is another one I found helpful in choosing:

The Whipple trumps the TVS in displacement; down low the TVS *may" have a torque edge on the street (stop-light to stop-light) but a twin-screw like the Whipple is superior above 15 PSI. Above 15 PSI the TVS starts to make more heat than the Whipple, so if you are going to go forged and throw 20+ PSI at the engine, hands down, the Whipple.

If you are just bolting it on a stock Coyote motor and you don't plan on going crazy with the power long-term, I would probably go with the TVS.

Lastly, the TVS is fairly quiet, and the Whipple has a screaming whine...so that is something to consider as well. Some guys want a loud WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and some want "stealth" with exhaust noise their dominant signature.
FYI, back to back test in a controlled envoirnment, the TVS2300 vs Whipple W140ax at 14,000rpm, 8psi, the TVS is 3% down in flow, yet has 16deg F hotter air and nearly identical consumption. When spun at same rpm, power consumption is 6hp more for the TVS and temp is 22deg F hotter.

When comparing to the W175axff, then its a more significant difference due to the lower SC rpm. To equal airflows, the temps are 31deg F different 18hp. This is at 8psi, at 15psi, the temp difference is well over 60deg F.
boomer likes this.
Whipple Charged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #26 (permalink)

Mac
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

Hey MTF I spotted your truck today by the Whitestone bridge. I drove by in my Blue Supercrew today had to pickup some stuff in Queens

Old 07-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #27 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

(Thread Starter)
Was that you driving down the the Queens side I was standing on the crane and everybody said you drove by,
I got all these guys looking for Raptors. LOL

I actually meet the other Blue Raptor 2011 SC with graphics that has been passing by for a month I opened up my hood for him,
he'll probably chime in later sometime.
He wants to go for a ride, but we both did not have time, he took plently of pics.

Whipple 700+ HP Upgrade Package, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,

Last edited by MTF; 08-02-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #28 (permalink)

Mac
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

Yes probably me around 9:20 am

Old 07-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #29 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

(Thread Starter)
Yup, I'll PM you my number if you want.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #30 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

(Thread Starter)
Big News!!!

Whipple is now supporting Long Tube Headers for non emission states

The tune is done, works great, all the safety settings are still intact, closed loop is still on,
a new model was built for the predictive system based on the SW LT's and updates and other changes.

Whipple will update any current Complete Whipple kit (free within 1 year of purchase of kit) that has any issues.
Anyone who purchases new, must state that they have LT, anybody that purchased for stock, and later added LT's, needs to pay for an update.

Last edited by MTF; 08-02-2012 at 11:17 PM.