Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]

Whipple vs. Roush

This is a discussion on Whipple vs. Roush within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
hmmm might have to take a ride to the whitestone one day and go for joyride!...

User Tag List

Like Tree45Likes

Sponsored By: GotExhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

hmmm might have to take a ride to the whitestone one day and go for joyride!

2012 Silver Screw Saints Offroad Front Bumper, mid perch, Retrofits 3" FXR w/ Evil Eyes, SW long tube headers, lightning style exhaust, 5 Star Tunes on SCT Livewire TS, Injen CAI, Method DS black w/ machned lip, lots of LED lights, LED tails, Hornblasters kit, WSI springs, RPG PSR w/cooler & filter, etc...
NickPic83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #12 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Chrisandalex1 View Post
Lastly, the TVS is fairly quiet, and the Whipple has a screaming whine...so that is something to consider as well. Some guys want a loud WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and some want "stealth" with exhaust noise their dominant signature.
Some nice points! I guess I throw down will have to take place somewhere.

As for the whine, I have for years loved this sound, when you stomp on the gas you will stop pepole in there tracks walking or driving and see them say "what the fvck" LOL
Loud exhaust on a Pickup truck is to me getting old and actually annoying alot of noise and no action. IMO

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Originally Posted by NickPic83 View Post
hmmm might have to take a ride to the whitestone one day and go for joyride!
Any time my friend.

Whipple 700+ HP Upgrade Package, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,
Future Installs: Brembo Brakes 15" Gran Turismo
MTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by MTF View Post
Some nice points! I guess I throw down will have to take place somewhere.

As for the whine, I have for years loved this sound, when you stomp on the gas you will stop pepole in there tracks walking or driving and see them say "what the fvck" LOL
Loud exhaust on a Pickup truck is to me getting old and actually annoying alot of noise and no action. IMO

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Any time my friend.
LOL, There is no doubt that it is fun to freak people out with supercharger whine. However, sometimes it just irritates me. I do agree that a bunch of noise without the action in BS.

I know this, I will never have one without again.
Chrisandalex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #14 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Have to disagree on the TVS being quiet, If anyone heard my truck before the longtubes and exhaust setup they could tell you, that not hearing the supercharger whine was pretty much not going to happen. It's even pretty damn audible in the video I posted up.

But then again my truck doesnt whine anymore...now it Roars. ;p Roush FTW.

I'll post up my opinion and why I went the Roush route abit later.

Stealthf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #15 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Chrisandalex1 View Post
Lastly, the TVS is fairly quiet, and the Whipple has a screaming whine...so that is something to consider as well. Some guys want a loud WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and some want "stealth" with exhaust noise their dominant signature.
Under heavy heavy acceleration, the whipple is loud.
Under heavy acceleration, it is still fairly noticeable inside the cab.
Under normal driving, you could have a passenger that never knows you have it in there.

My #1 concern was the noise level being too loud. Mine is not, Im pleased.
Stig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

Mac
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

I am intrested in the Whipple as a future upgrade. I would like to know more about the factory warranty you said you got to keep. Also who did the install for you? I was just in Queens yesterday. I have a job starting up in LGA in a few weeks and also In Brooklyn have to come check out your truck one day.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

(Thread Starter)
Purchased and installed at
Hassett Ford out in Wantagh Long Island, they have been an authorized Whipple installer and Dealer for many many years. They are an SVT Dealership.
Give the service department a call ask for Alex (Service Manager).
I even got a loaner car while the truck was getting it installed and the PCM was sent to Ford Racing, this was a big plus for me!

My regular dealer is in Queens they are not and the owner has a Raptor and did not believe me when I told him I get to keep my Warranty.

Ford did away with the SVT program at Dealerships, they were only a few anyway. So most Ford Dealership don't know anything about this.

So you have push these dealers into making phone calls to SVT and Ford Racing or even the Warranty department.

Also you can not do any other mods!!! This will automatically void the warranty. You have to keep the stock setup and be limited to 110 mph.

I hope Ford Motor and Ford Racing is getting enough feedback and maybe support Long Tubes to be able to pass emissions.
And to increase the speed limiter to at least 120, I don't see how unless they put better tires on our trucks and do something about the driveshaft.

Whipple 700+ HP Upgrade Package, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,

Last edited by MTF; 06-25-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Is it bad that I have considered cashing in an old 401k that I don't contribute to anymore and getting a whipple? Lol also the closest Dyno tuner told me that having a supercharged vehicle is hard here in north Dakota because our fuel quality is poor. Any thoughts ?

Last edited by 11raptor6.2; 06-23-2012 at 10:29 PM.
11raptor6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #19 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

(Thread Starter)
You would have to call Whipple.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #20 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

(Thread Starter)
Just for fun which whine do you think sounds better?

2011+ Ford F-150 6.2L ROUSH TVS2300 Supercharger Kit - YouTube

Lethal Performance Exclusive: 2.9L Whipple kit for the Ford SVT Raptor 6.2L -- Dyno Results! - YouTube