Whipple plus full Kooks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dropped a deposit with Pickups Plus...

2.9 whipple
All the upgrades like:
63# injectors
Dual fan heat exchanger
Kooks long tube headers
Kooks full dual with black tips
Roll n lock bed cover

The best part is Ford hasn't even pulled my order yet!!!

If the anticipation wasn't killing me before, it certainly IS now.

Ford better hurry up and build my beast. I have too much time on my hands and the upgrade research is getting EXPENSIVE!

OP
OP
Fastcote

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I'm thinking of driving it straight over from the dealer. Why wait?!? Can't let the wife hear it BEFORE the Kooks. It Will be a fairly obvious mod.

I just need to keep the dealer from filling the tank with cheap gas when they prep it.

OP
OP
Fastcote

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats going to be sweet!! What color Raptor are you getting? & what color whipple?

I ordered flame blue with blue accent interior. Ya ya, I know, blue whipple and valve covers are indicated in this situation but I cheesed out and stayed with black. The ford racing blue is just not similar enough to flame blue.

I figured the extra money was better spent on the giant twin fan heat exchanger.

MTF - I've been watching your whipple posts. Did you upgrade your heat exchanger yet?

I am beyond excited.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

You having everything done at a shop?

Ya, my wrench turning enthusiasm peaked during my Harley F350 mods... Everything from heavy tune to full veggie oil conversion. It was fun but completely absorbing and a monster time sponge.

Also, The guys at Pickups Plus Cars (PPC) here in town are magicians at tweaking and are good enough that my local Ford Service Manager gave me the wink and the nod that if PPC did all the engine work they (Ford) would try their best to honor the warranty even with a whipple, headers, straight exhaust and 650HP tune!

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

The Kooks sound incredible.

I had planned on the Corsa but convinced myself on the Kooks partially because of the true-dual style, X-pipe, etc.

Pickups Plus had a similar Kooks + custom in-house built dual on a 6.2 I looked at yesterday. very sweet sound. Roush though - missing that whipple scream!