Whipple and livernois cams on 6.2l raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorN/Abuild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Here's my dilemma. I took my 2013 raptor to Fastlane performance in Houston TX for a 2.9l whipple and livernois cams install. They said it would take about a week to install. So I go pick it up and about a quarter into the journey home it starts dying at every stop light. So the manger there says bring it back and we'll take care of it. I get it there next week and also tell them to put a smaller pulley on it to make a little more power. In about three weeks they call me and say everything is good. I go pick it up and when I get there they say they're not 100% happy with the tune but it should be good enough until our tuner guy can go to this class for a different tuning software. I go home with it and it still does the same thing. I take it back up there and they keep it for an entire month this time replace a lot of stuff on the truck free of charge. They finally call to come get it and they guarantee me it's 100% this time. I get up there and they even said they had to go with a Jdm tune for it. To my suprize it was not 100% ready. I take it home and it's still doing the same thing. I contact him and he said our tuner guy is going to tweak the tune and send u it via email. Is livernois the only people the can tune these motor properly? If this tune doesn't work. (Which I don't think it will) I'm thinking about telling them to turn the whole thing back to like it was when I brought it there and giving me my money back. I really don't think these people know what they're doing.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey, we got this tune order from Fast lane about a week ago and sent them an open file so they could make adjustments. We didn't hear back from them after it was sent so we were un aware of your situation. We also haven't seen the truck or any pictures so we just went off the info they gave us. Call us when your free 732-780-0770 and if you have a moment snap a few pictures of the engine bay so I can see what they have going on. We've tuned trucks with built engines and Livernois cams before so your's shouldn't have any issues.

One thing I noticed on your tune info sheet they gave us was the truck has the stock Ford GT500 throttle body. Do you know if they went to the larger Ford Racing twin 65mm throttle body to help feed it more Air Idle Speed? Vehicles with cams require more air flow at idle to keep them from stalling. The FRPP twin 65mm also has an adjustable set screw to manually control idle speed.

Please let me know, we want to help.

JimIII
732-780-0770

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. Here's my dilemma. I took my 2013 raptor to Fastlane performance in Houston TX for a 2.9l whipple and livernois cams install. They said it would take about a week to install. So I go pick it up and about a quarter into the journey home it starts dying at every stop light. So the manger there says bring it back and we'll take care of it. I get it there next week and also tell them to put a smaller pulley on it to make a little more power. In about three weeks they call me and say everything is good. I go pick it up and when I get there they say they're not 100% happy with the tune but it should be good enough until our tuner guy can go to this class for a different tuning software. I go home with it and it still does the same thing. I take it back up there and they keep it for an entire month this time replace a lot of stuff on the truck free of charge. They finally call to come get it and they guarantee me it's 100% this time. I get up there and they even said they had to go with a Jdm tune for it. To my suprize it was not 100% ready. I take it home and it's still doing the same thing. I contact him and he said our tuner guy is going to tweak the tune and send u it via email. Is livernois the only people the can tune these motor properly? If this tune doesn't work. (Which I don't think it will) I'm thinking about telling them to turn the whole thing back to like it was when I brought it there and giving me my money back. I really don't think these people know what they're doing.

Definitely sorry to hear that you are having any sort of issue with your truck that is the last thing that we want for anyone, especially if you are using some of our components. The Raptor is a tricky nut to crack in almost every possible way when it comes to modifications. Keep in mind that it took us years to get to the point that we are at with the platform, and we are one of the larger outfits in the performance aftermarket industry. It takes a ton of experience and testing to get the big cam and power adder tuning right on the 6.2L. We make the products, so by default we've installed more and tuned more of them than anyone. Because of this, we ran into these road blocks much earlier than anyone, and our larger sample size gave us unique insight. That is why we make the additional investment of purchasing these vehicles to aid with any modification support for them. The Raptor was no different! We saw the need to have our own proprietary software and hardware to ensure that we can tune these properly. We also set these trucks up a certain way to ensure that everything plays well together. And again, that all comes from our experience. We spend a great deal of time on customer's and our own vehicles so that you down the road do not have these issues. Often times people jump from shop to shop trying to get these tuned and then it ends up getting shipped to us anyways for tuning. Let us know if we can aid in the fixing of these issues you have.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't give up on the components that are installed, but maybe get Fastlane to pay for the truck to be tuned by any of the above vendors, There are a lot of members on here that should chime in with there experience.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't give up on the components that are installed, but maybe get Fastlane to pay for the truck to be tuned by any of the above vendors, There are a lot of members on here that should chime in with there experience.

Agreed, and like I said if you can get us more info we will do any and everything that we can to help you out!

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We spoke to Fast Lane Friday night and I just got off the phone with Zach this morning. Jim Sr. will be in Texas with in the next week or two and will meet up with Fast lane and Zach to get him sorted out. We feel with combination of the cams and blower with the stock GT500 throttle body he is not getting enough air idle speed. A Larger throttle body alone should fix it. But that would add more power and he is already at 539 RWHP pretty much maximizing the stock fuel system and engine internals. So if he goes this route I recommended swapping from his 3.125" pulley to a 3.250" to take a little boost and HP out to offset the gains from the Throttle body. We'll keep in touch with how he proceeds!

OP
OP
RaptorN/Abuild

RaptorN/Abuild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike from Fastlane said they're going to pick up my truck next week sometime when Jim Sr. Is ready to come to their shop and tune my truck. I'm really looking forward to that moment when everything on my truck works 100%.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorN/Abuild

RaptorN/Abuild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been about 4 months since I had the supercharger and cams installed. I wish I could say it's been a blast driving it but it's still at the house because it's keeps dying at stop lights. I really wish I never did this. 13k lesson learned.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's been about 4 months since I had the supercharger and cams installed. I wish I could say it's been a blast driving it but it's still at the house because it's keeps dying at stop lights. I really wish I never did this. 13k lesson learned.

They can't get the tune sorted out?