Whipple 2.9 for 6.2L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whipple Superchargers has been diligently working on their 2.9L kits for the new Ford SVT Raptor 6.2L. They recently installed & dyno tested the kit on one of their test vehicles and gave us here at Lethal Performance the exclusive sneak peek. So we wanted to share it with you!

The kit put out an impressive 520rwhp @ 5700rpm and 500 ft/lbs @ 3600rpm, all at only 8.5psi. They tested the kit on 91 octane (California) with the stock GT500 throttle body that comes with the base kit. An opitional upgrade to the kit will be the Whipple billet twin 75mm throttle body, which adds roughly 25 rwhp and 15 ft/lbs torque.

Lethal Performance Exclusive: 2.9L Whipple kit for the Ford SVT Raptor 6.2L -- Dyno Results! - YouTube

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Wonder what it would put out with some 93oct and ****... In my book ****/Water injection would be a must if I were running this setup in desert. Not only for the extra power but the cooling effect more than anything. I wonder what sort of EGTs this thing is going to run when beat on in the dirt. Does Ford offer EGTs over the OBDII or would that have to be added?

Anyone know if the factory airbox can be used? I wouldn't be looking to get rid of mine if at all possible.

Last edited:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a damn plane lol. If you had that some super swampers or thornbirds you really would sound like a plane.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder what it would put out with some 93oct and ****... In my book ****/Water injection would be a must if I were running this setup in desert. Not only for the extra power but the cooling effect more than anything. I wonder what sort of EGTs this thing is going to run when beat on in the dirt. Does Ford offer EGTs over the OBDII or would that have to be added?

Anyone know if the factory airbox can be used? I wouldn't be looking to get rid of mine if at all possible.

No EGT data on the 6.2, but there is IAT which would indicate heat soak.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Livernois is the **** but Torq is right around the corner... In the same environment that you will be running the truck, humidity, altitude etc... If your going with the stock tune then it doesn't really matter, but if you are going to get them to do a custom tune then it is something to consider.