Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After going back and forth about what SC kit to use I finally put the order in for the Whipple kits for both the trucks. The only thing I was surprised to learn is that I will have to send the computers in to Whipple to have them programmed. In the past with all my other sc installs I was always able to use a tuner.

I am going to call a few custom tuners and see if I can avoid this by having them do a custom dyno tune at the time of install. If not I guess an extra couple days for shipping each way won't kill me. Whipple is about 4-6 weeks out for shipping so I won't have it for Texas, not that I will need it but it would be cool to have.

As great as the Raptor is stock I am sure having fun with all the mods.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Id call Lethal Performance and ask them about it. With their kit you can have John Lund tune it for you.

OP
OP
rhino

rhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lethal is local to me so I will give them a call again.

Thanks

Id call Lethal Performance and ask them about it. With their kit you can have John Lund tune it for you.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish Lethal was local to me I'd take it to them and drop it off. They are Whipples test mules most of the time. They are normally first to get anything Whipple puts out.

OP
OP
rhino

rhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will call Matt at Lethal and see what he says. They use another shop for the builds as Lethal is a parts supplier. I don't mind paying a bit more if I can get local tuning. I always forget Lethal is local to me.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I should be getting my Whipple in about two weeks with the upgraded heat exchanger.
I wanted a 93 octane tune and Whipple said not a problem because you have to send your computer to them anyway.
Something about Ford Racing designing the tune for 6 months. My guess is this will be an option from Ford in the future.
Any way it all gets over nighted so it will not hold up the install.
Mine is being installed at a Ford Dealer that has the certified SVT tech for Super charged Mustangs.

Last edited:

chinook2

Reaction score
Got one on order as well. 6 week delivery (ouch - impatience my part). Checked w/ the install team that had questioned Whipple on the tune - it's just sending them the code ID for the truck. Don't have to send them physical eqt. - they'll send back the tune w/ the embedded ID for the truck.

I've got a 5-Star tune - same process - had to provide the truck code identifier, then get the tunes. My understanding (and hope is true) that the existing SCT tuner will work with the flash provided by Whipple.

Thanks for bringing it up - I assumed was comparable, but concerned with why they'd want the physical chip. Hope the story remains the same on using the SCT.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think your install shop is mistaking, Whipple will only install their tune with the PCM in their hands. I would call Whipple if I were you.
It's being designed by Ford Racing Team. And it's not ready yet anyway.

Last edited: