What to start with....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jokerz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys first my name is Brett Lemenager and I just bought a 2010 6.2 raptor. Blue flame metallic paint with some dents and dings but nothing a dent puller and time won't fix. I got it for 30,000 with 52,000 miles on it. Fully loaded navigation system and sunroof same color Bedliner with truxedo tonneau cover.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450024386.402772.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450024403.238763.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450024427.306855.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450024474.914897.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450024506.734763.jpg

My question is to you guys. First round of mods I need to do to this truck is to build up the horsepower. Kind of know my way around horsepower in an unreliable sort of way. I start Streetable and it ends up being not Streetable.

My list.

Exhaust

Cold air

Ported Throttle body

Tune

Or should I just do the Roush tvs or Whipple. I rebuild lots of eaton blowers for a living and think I should stay true to the tvs. Makes more torque down low on less boost then a Whipple. Plus take less hp to spin the tvs vs Whipple 2.9. I also can port the tvs to make some free hp.

Regardless of what goes on with the mods. What are the weak points on this truck that I should upgrade before I go slapping on horsepower and breaking things.

Just looking for horsepower increase maybe a little bit better gas mileage if not oh well it's raptor I didn't buy it to be a 35 mpg daily driver.

I look forward to your advice and thanks in advance for the welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Welcome to FRF. Post in the New Members section to introduce yourself and provide a link back to this thread. On MPG, its about how low you can go, not as high you can go. :)

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you're on the right track. Headers-back exhaust, CAI, and a tune will do wonders to let her breathe and unlock some HP and noise. No real weak points that I know of that would inhibit you from making those mods.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you are talking high hp, the make sure to get a new drveshaft. i have seen quite a few people drop theirs due to too much tq. to start......

OP
OP
jokerz

jokerz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are talking high hp, the make sure to get a new drveshaft. i have seen quite a few people drop theirs due to too much tq. to start......

There any drop in upgrade or should I get a custom carbon fiber or chromoly upgrade

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Welcome to FRF. Post in the New Members section to introduce yourself and provide a link back to this thread. On MPG, its about how low you can go, not as high you can go. :)

Stock height is good enough for me

OP
OP
jokerz

jokerz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MPG = Miles Per Gallon. Stock height, huh?

That went right over my head. Literally.

Lol I reread it and it thought we were talking about aerodynamics of being jacked up vs being slammed to the ground.