Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Out of box tune (SCT, whoever)

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Factory

Votes: 69 26.8%
  • Other (name what you have)

Votes: 44 17.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LS3 CJ7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard this before too and agree. I have almost 6K on my '14 screw. I know there are a few sponsored tuning companies on FRF. Is one better than another?, is it personal preference? Has anyone done a comparison, or are they both very comparable?
Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lots of people run 5 Star and now SVC. Personally I ran 5 Star for a long time and am now running SVC. Wanted to try the new tune from SVC not saying anything bad about previous tune. Very happy with the smooth shifts and the way the tune "feels" with the new tune. Feels more responsive and much smoother shifting. Seems to be a power gain as well. No dyno other than butt dyno. Just my 2 cents worth.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you are worried about powertrain failure and a warranty then u should wait. with that said i tuned my truck with very low miles and had no issues. SVC or 5 star should be near the top of tuners u would want to call and talk to and get a feel for them. talk to them and she who makes u feel warm and fuzzy. i dont think u can go wrong either way

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with nickpic. I tuned mine immediately with 5 star with less than 500 miles on it. Ran 12k on it. Never a problem. Changed between 3 different tunes often. Just got my Whipple Sc, no issues so far. I wouldn't worry about it. The difference with the tune is noticeable for sure. Worth every penny.

roasted7

Reaction score
5 Star? More like 1 Star. Their tranny tuning is awful.

I tried to talk to them about possible modifications to the tranny tuning and they just told me that if I don't like it then put it back to stock.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking from my experience only here. I had the 5 star tune for a year, actually 5 of them. Switched quite often. Thought they were great, and great customer service. Definite improvement in the vehicles performance. I have noticed a lot of folks lately are recommending SVC. Mike at 5 star has always been responsive, and I did ask him to change one of my tunes for specific needs, and he did it no questions asked very quickly. Maybe something has changed since last year.

wwillmon

Reaction score
Looking into a tuner.

Looking to get a tuner. Still torn between Livernois and 5 Star. Not sure what the difference is between the two, and honestly don't know where to buy either haha.

Please give me some insight on the differences and where to get them