Wanting more power out of high miles motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordraptorfans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any suggestions on what I should do. I have 65k on the thing now.
I have the air intake and a tune. I would like to add another 100 hp or something.

Do not want to do a super charger since I live in a remote area and the motors high miles. Do not have anyone here that can really work on it..

Not apposed to an engine swap ;)

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it comes to getting more power...there are always 2 questions that need to be answered first...

How much power do you want?

How much do you want to spend?

For a 100 HP gain on a stock engine with 65k on it...that's gonna be a substantial amount.

Send it to Rasco and have him re-build your engine like the on in Smurfrunner :crazy:

Last edited:

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

39Mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to tell you but 65k miles isn't squat as these engines now days can run to 200k miles before needing internal work. I had my last 6.8 V10 at 178k miles and only thing it needed was a new coil pack on #8 cylinder. Big mistake to open it up if its not broke. Only way you're getting another 100 hp supercharger or turbo

spot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
65000 is not a high mileage motor. Unless you have beat it to death it's hardly broken in. I've had lots of motors north of 100k that lived on with power adders. I guess it depends on how you are gonna treat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk