UMP air filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timbo

Reaction score
What's the difference between the UMP filter and the roush intake? Is one better than the other?

thearizonacowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between the UMP filter and the roush intake? Is one better than the other?

In terms of actually filtering crap, the UMP hands down. It's as good as it gets.

The Roush intake is more for a street truck. I personally wouldn't run anything other than either a factory or UMP intake if you take your truck in the dirt.

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The UMP's have low flow numbers, so I'd look into that. Also, according to SVC most aftermarket air fiters don't do much better than stock on the flow bench.

I assume you are intending to go offroad, looks like the roush is an oiled filter, which is another hot button topic you might look into. Personally, I pulled my whipple oiled filter and swapped in a dry filter; they are just so much easier to swap and clean on the trail.