tuning rough shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone faced rough shifting after 98 octane tuning i am facing rough shifting is it fine,, i feel something pushing so hard when it shift up and hard down shifting to this is my first tuned vehicle is that fine

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
anyone faced rough shifting after 98 octane tuning i am facing rough shifting is it fine,, i feel something pushing so hard when it shift up and hard down shifting to this is my first tuned vehicle is that fine

98 Octane? I thought that went away in the 70's

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He must mean 89 octane.

My truck hates 89 octane. Quit being cheap and put at least 91 in it.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depends how hard its shifting. What tuner do u have and who made the tunes? U usually can make adjustments with the shifts on the tuner...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 star tuner with afe intake

How long have you had the tune installed...sometimes it takes several drive cycles for the computer to adapt to the tune...etc

Mine shifted "rough" for a few cycles when I installed my 5 star tune...currently running 93 performance with Airraid...

Try changing the tune to a 91 or one of your performance tunes...

OP
OP
U

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just installed it today yes its x3 tuner yea rough shifting was much higher when i first installed it but a bit better after but still rough ,, i have another question is my stock will be automatically saved or i have to save it by my self