Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]

Tuning with HP Tuners

This is a discussion on Tuning with HP Tuners within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
If the supercharger, intake, and exhaust are all Roush, why would you assume that the tune is anything other than ...

User Tag List

Sponsored By: GotExhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2017, 12:55 AM   #11 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

If the supercharger, intake, and exhaust are all Roush, why would you assume that the tune is anything other than Roush?

"I like my coffee black, and my tea in the harbor." - Jay Posey, author
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:04 AM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
So it turns out it was tuned by Roush. I found the sticker under the hood stating to not reprogram the ECU but to call Roush first.

Also it turns out my boost gauge is off. Based on the OBDII reading I'm getting around 11 PSI boost now at WOT.

I have the ATI 12% OD super damper crank pulley coming this next week. I am going to try to dyno before and after and I will post the results if it gives any more HP or not.

2013 SCREW Roush Edition Tux black, 801A with HID lights, Roush Phase II supercharged, Roush CAI, Roush cat back exhaust, 37" BFG T/A KO2 on Method 101 beadlocks, 12% OD balancer pulley, AFE trans pan and diff cover. More performance and off roading mods to come....
Airborne Roush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

I've done a fair amount of research and tuned the turbo setup I built a few months ago. Install/build took way too long and got it running for a few weeks but pulled it all out as I didn't have time to screw with the torque maps. Reasoning was I was moving from AK to WA and had to tow shit and didn't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Got it running half decent other than physically needed turbo moved an inch away from master cyl reservoir and said torque map tuning.

If you got any questions on what to adjust for what I have a pretty good idea what's going on. Ran really well on first startup using a 4" blow through MAF.

HPTuners finally gained access to the offroad mode shift points which I'm sure is super helpful with more power. Very nice.

- Isaac
Aksubiedubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

I have a HP tuner ?

I'm softly looking i will say for a supercharged Raptor to replace my 6.2 denali and I already have HP tuners but I'm still learning.

I can't find any threads about people using Widebands. How are you checking your air fuel ratio. You can command what ever you want but how are you checking what is coming out of the your tail pipes. On a GM truck the stock O2's only read so far.
JONBLARC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

Originally Posted by JONBLARC7 View Post
I have a HP tuner ?

I'm softly looking i will say for a supercharged Raptor to replace my 6.2 denali and I already have HP tuners but I'm still learning.

I can't find any threads about people using Widebands. How are you checking your air fuel ratio. You can command what ever you want but how are you checking what is coming out of the your tail pipes. On a GM truck the stock O2's only read so far.
Factory front O2 sensors ARE wideband in all coyote/6.2L/Ecoboost vehicles.
I got an nGauge and it works perfect for monitoring AFR/Lambda.
Aksubiedubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:18 AM   #16 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
I will definitely pick your brain once I start my tune. I didn't know that they finally accessed the off road mode. That is a huge game changer!

Originally Posted by Aksubiedubie View Post
I've done a fair amount of research and tuned the turbo setup I built a few months ago. Install/build took way too long and got it running for a few weeks but pulled it all out as I didn't have time to screw with the torque maps. Reasoning was I was moving from AK to WA and had to tow shit and didn't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Got it running half decent other than physically needed turbo moved an inch away from master cyl reservoir and said torque map tuning.

If you got any questions on what to adjust for what I have a pretty good idea what's going on. Ran really well on first startup using a 4" blow through MAF.

HPTuners finally gained access to the offroad mode shift points which I'm sure is super helpful with more power. Very nice.

- Isaac

2013 SCREW Roush Edition Tux black, 801A with HID lights, Roush Phase II supercharged, Roush CAI, Roush cat back exhaust, 37" BFG T/A KO2 on Method 101 beadlocks, 12% OD balancer pulley, AFE trans pan and diff cover. More performance and off roading mods to come....
Airborne Roush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:20 AM   #17 (permalink)

Thats good to know

So your nGauge is just there to make sure your in the limits while driving. GM factory O2 sensors aren't accurate enough to do WOT tuning using them.
JONBLARC7 is offline   Reply With Quote