Tuning with HP Tuners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am new to the forum as I just purchased my first Raptor last week. It's a 2013 with the 801A. The previous owner put a Roush sc, intake, and exhaust on it which is why I am posting now.

I know nothing about who tuned it or how they tuned it. The truck moves great and I am easily able to light the 37" tires just fine. After some research on here and other places the common thinking is the Roush tune is very conservative. I have to agree.

I tuned my Hummer with HP tuners and really liked the results. I was wondering if anyone else has tuned their 6.2 with HP tuners and the results from it. Especially if you can program to add more boost :happy107:

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it has a tune in it your gonna need that information and the tuner probably in order to go back to stock before tuning again with a different approach.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
You can copy the current tune and save that so I can go back to the current tune at a later date if you need to. Also HP tuners has tune repository for the stock tune from Ford. Which would be a bad idea to start since this is not a stock vehicle.

So getting back to the current tune on the truck won't be an issue.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably an issue not worthy of pursuit due to the fact that all tuning on naturally aspirated motors is pretty much universal. But will definitely come into play when you get your supercharger. Hint hint.....

Edit... didn't see u already have a sc installed. Disregard.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HP Tuners was never able to create a calibration platform for the 6.2L Raptor.

You probably have a Tune from one of the 5 major Tuners.

1) Roush
2) SVC
3) 5 Star
4) JDM
5) Livernois

Each one of them can help you, if and when you want to do something with a Tune.
If it were me I would start calling them with the Vin#
I'd go back to whom you purchased the Raptor and get some back history, the previous owner may have the Tuner device.
With the stock Tune and the Supercharger Tune.

Be careful playing with the Tune that's on the PCM, Roush encrypts theirs, you may be able to copy it but you can't do anything with it.
And if something went wrong you may not be able to Flash your PCM back with the copied Tune.
All the other Tunes are Locked so reading " all " the information is not possible.

Even if you went to Ford to get your OEM Tune you cannot run the SC with that Tune.

Note: Do you know if it's the Stage I or Stage II Roush?

Last edited:

Chevydillan

Reaction score
I tune my 2013 with hp tuners. You shouldn't have any trouble saving a copy of your current tune and modifying it from there. I'm N/A so I don't see the gains that you will but I am on E85 and that helped a ton. I don't know about how Roush does their tunes but I have been able to download and modify 5 star and SVC tunes with no problems.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A
Reaction score
This is what thought was possible. I have heard that Roush does encrypt their tunes but that HP tuners broke it a few months back and the new version should be able to do it.

I tune my 2013 with hp tuners. You shouldn't have any trouble saving a copy of your current tune and modifying it from there. I'm N/A so I don't see the gains that you will but I am on E85 and that helped a ton. I don't know about how Roush does their tunes but I have been able to download and modify 5 star and SVC tunes with no problems.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

I bought the truck from a dealer and he wouldn’t give me the previous owner’s info. Which I understand for liability reasons.

I will have to call around to see who tuned it after the SC was put on. I vaguely remember him saying that a local speed shop may have tuned it, so I might get back with the dealer to see who.

HP Tuners was never able to create a calibration platform for the 6.2L Raptor.

You probably have a Tune from one of the 5 major Tuners.

1) Roush
2) SVC
3) 5 Star
4) JDM
5) Livernois

Each one of them can help you, if and when you want to do something with a Tune.
If it were me I would start calling them with the Vin#
I'd go back to whom you purchased the Raptor and get some back history, the previous owner may have the Tuner device.
With the stock Tune and the Supercharger Tune.

Be careful playing with the Tune that's on the PCM, Roush encrypts theirs, you may be able to copy it but you can't do anything with it.
And if something went wrong you may not be able to Flash your PCM back with the copied Tune.
All the other Tunes are Locked so reading " all " the information is not possible.

Even if you went to Ford to get your OEM Tune you cannot run the SC with that Tune.

Note: Do you know if it's the Stage I or Stage II Roush?

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

I don’t know for sure on the phase I or II. The difference was just the pulley and the tune is that correct?

I just drove it and at WOT the boost was leveled at 6 psi. Maybe creeped to 7. But I could only get up to 60 mph since the road was public and had a fair amount of traffic.

Does anyone know if 6-7 psi is phase I or II for the Roush?

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Ok I just checked with some calipers, the lands of the pulley are 75mm. So it looks like it’s likely a phase II

Last edited:
OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Removing the belt was not needed. Where the belt has a small gap before the first set of groves is a false land with these pulleys it measures right at 75mm. To be extra sure I pulled the calipers to 80mm and there was still a significant gap between the one caliper end that was measuring over both sides of the belt. 5mm (197 thousandths) is a significant difference and would be hard pressed to get the two confused.

You took the belt off to get that measurement? AFIK 6-7 PSI on a stock exhaust system is Stage 1.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

I’m going to drive it to work tomorrow vs the commuter to verify the boost. That 6-7 psi was only the one time and that I would guess is probably the first time I ever was looking at the boost vs the road as I am at wot. Only had the truck over a week now.