Tunes and emmissions testing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking into possibly getting a tune (either SVT or 5 star) for my next upgrade but I have 0 experience with engine tunes. My question is will my truck pass emissions testing with a tune? Or will I have to reverse it back to stock before taking it in for testing? In Phoenix, we have some tough emissions laws & testing, which Im told is only exceeded by Southern California.

TIA

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tunes from all three major Tune vendors (SVC, JDM and 5 Star) on this forum have 50 state emissions Tunes.

There are only a handful of states that still haven't switched to OBDII testing, so most states are getting tough now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Otis857

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know. Az testers plugs into the OBDII plug when they test, thats why i wanted to know if the tunes show up and the truck doesnt pass. I dont know how detailed they go, but I THINK they are just looking for codes and trust the system to do the rest.

BACNTRY

Reaction score
AZ is easy as long as check engine light isn't on. My 2013 has been tuned since new and just passed the test with flying colors last month.