Tuned my Roush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinb491

Reaction score
Well I finally broke down and got a tune from VMP Performance. I also went with the dual 65mm cobra jet throttle body. It's amazing how conservative the Roush tune was. Totally different truck to drive. So far extremely happy with it. One of the best things about it now is the shifting and throttle response. Really makes the truck more sports car feeling. I think I'll be trying a JDM tune next month and see how the two compare. Has anyone tried John Lund tuning yet on the Roush?

OP
OP
J

justinb491

Reaction score
I didn't. I kinda wish I did. I don't know if I'd say it's a lot faster, I think most of the "faster" feeling is actually the improvement in throttle response and shifting. Oh and the little bump in fuel mileage was nice to see too

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol MPG is always a plus. TB is a awesome fell in throttle response prob the best.

OP
OP
J

justinb491

Reaction score
Well just loaded the JDM tune. Wow. Now it's a totally different animal. It's a beast now. This is how it should have come from Rouch. Night n day difference. Going from VMP to JDM was like going from like going from Roush to VMP. Night n day!! Thanks JDM!!

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You used a canned tune no dyno tune? That's nuts how do you know your AF mix is correct?
Not trying to sound like Debbie downer just weird to me.
I need to ride is a SUoercharged raptor before the turbo comes out. it must be awesome

OP
OP
J

justinb491

Reaction score
I was looking to have a dyno tune done,but by me I can't say there's anyone I have enough faith in. In the last 20 years I've owned multiple 9 and 10 second cars and 900 hp diesel trucks. I've learned 1 big thing on tuning. It's not the tune, it's the tuner. I will do some data logging and send it in and see how it comes back. I've had a few cars dunk tuned by (reputable) guys that end up blowing things up due to their tuning

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya that sucks I'm lucky enough to have 2 of the best motorcycle tuners in the world right here about a hour away from both and 2 very good LS tuners also. I've been luck but my fords all have been Emailed tunes. Spartan fir my F250 and 5star on raptor. Although there is a pretty bad ass shop for fords here he just don't tune lol
Either way hopefully you send info and all is fine

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You used a canned tune no dyno tune? That's nuts how do you know your AF mix is correct?
Not trying to sound like Debbie downer just weird to me.
I need to ride is a SUoercharged raptor before the turbo comes out. it must be awesome

A Tune from JDM, SVC and 5Star are not canned Tunes!
They each have hundreds if not thousands of Dyno hours and............ their Tunes are proven!!!
And when you order a Tune from them they are costume designed for the mods you have.
No need to worry!
The hand held Tuner device is capable of showing you AFR and fuel trims.
Plus there are a couple of good Apps for Android and iPhone with an good BT or Wifi OBD11 dongle

Last edited:

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I finally broke down and got a tune from VMP Performance. I also went with the dual 65mm cobra jet throttle body. It's amazing how conservative the Roush tune was. Totally different truck to drive. So far extremely happy with it. One of the best things about it now is the shifting and throttle response. Really makes the truck more sports car feeling. I think I'll be trying a JDM tune next month and see how the two compare. Has anyone tried John Lund tuning yet on the Roush?

Did you install the TB? If so is it just plug and play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk