The Tune by SVC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the V4 tune and also installed Kooks headers and offroad y pipe. Tune fired right up and seems to idle great. Only have a few miles on it as of now but everything seems smooth so far.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

@svc with the V4 Tune do we still need to adjust the global spark table?

You only need to adjust it depending on what grade fuel you are running. Keep it at 0 for 91 and up. If you run 89, go to -2. If you run 87, go to -4.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Coming from the diesel world, the tune didn't add as much power as it really helps with the driveability. So far I'm happy with it. Wish i could have gotten the intake to work with the tune, as i liked the sound and even got an extra MPG with it on.

Exactly my experience. Tune didn't really seem to do anything for performance. Drivability is better. Downshifts aren't where I want them to be. The good news is I don't really notice much of a difference when I threw the 37s on. Planning on doing some data-logging, sending to Jeff and see if I can pull more out of the truck.

When I tuned my 6.4 F350, the gains were enormous. I know I can't, but I wish I could get those gains out of the raptor. I actually very much believe my 350 would walk the raptor. Not from a dig but it would catch it quick.

IamCanadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, I really want to pull the trigger on getting a SVC tune but they haven’t flow tested a Banks Ram Air CAI yet. I just put it on a couple months ago and I not sure if I want to revert back to stock breather with a K&N filter.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All those Aftermarket CAI kits are very close to having the same flow.
SVC just says that just changing out the filter in the stock CAI is your best option with flow, durability and keeping water out of the engine.

As you can see the PCM software is quite robust when it comes to minor mods, you have no issues with just the Banks and the stock Tune.

The SVC Tune will give you the most out of stock engine, waiting for a flow test for a particular CAI is silly.
The PCM will adjust and if SVC does by chance do a flow test I'm quite certain that no adjustments need to be made to your Tune.

IamCanadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thks for the good advice. So base on your experience, if I decided to purchase a K&N filter for my stock air box (for when I play with my toy) and use Banks for the street would two tunes be required ?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thks for the good advice. So base on your experience, if I decided to purchase a K&N filter for my stock air box (for when I play with my toy) and use Banks for the street would two tunes be required ?

The Banks looks like it will do a good job but do your research, there are a few members that run that CAI.
But to your question on two Tunes being required, that's a no.

Sprman

Reaction score
Did you install a K & N or S & B drop in filter?
According to flow bench test that gave the best results.
It's somewhere in this thread way back.

Neither at the moment. just a stock replacement. We were playing with the tune and didn't want to wait to order a new filter.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Exactly my experience. Tune didn't really seem to do anything for performance. Drivability is better. Downshifts aren't where I want them to be. The good news is I don't really notice much of a difference when I threw the 37s on. Planning on doing some data-logging, sending to Jeff and see if I can pull more out of the truck.

When I tuned my 6.4 F350, the gains were enormous. I know I can't, but I wish I could get those gains out of the raptor. I actually very much believe my 350 would walk the raptor. Not from a dig but it would catch it quick.

yeah, my F-250 was pretty damn quick, but we did a bunch of stuff. not the most powerful or fasted, but quick for a big girl. last dyno was right at 600 hp and over 1100 ft/lbs at the wheels. It would roll the 37's pretty easily. It would probably pull away from the Raptor from the start just cause the torque, but think in the end the Raptor would out run it overall. Tuners on diesel is a whole different animal.