The Tune by SVC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember, what octane is the SVC tune set for when it's initially sent out?

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran stock tune for 1+ month, reflashed V2 today, pinging comes back on.... can rule the gas faulty out now I think.

Tried -2 global spark, slightly less ping but still very audible when engine under light load in 5th/6th gear ... haven't try -4, doubt it will make much difference seeing how small the change is between 0 and -2.

WTF is wrong??!!:facepalm:

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@oplersx, I always put Shell 93 in and have never experienced this. Don't know if you can get She'll or not but Chevron is just as good also.

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@oplersx, have you tried Chevron 94? Always worked well for me.

@oplersx, I always put Shell 93 in and have never experienced this. Don't know if you can get She'll or not but Chevron is just as good also.

Shell 91 V-power since day one... the highest Shell has locally, shouldn't be that bad, right? :nono: besides I have been to vary the stations

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only BP for me!!!! I run 93 but there are a few times I had to use 91 never had pinging.
I tried other brands when Sunoco drop 94, didn't like any of them.
And could tell right away if the gas is crap, the Superchager will have a different tone and I could feel there is less zip.

When was the last time you threw in Injector cleaner? The good stuff.
Try a small bottle of Star Tron. Who knows, you could have a lot of ethenol and water sitting in the tank robbing you of HP.

Last edited:

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't wait to reload my SVC tune. Have had it stock while the dealer fixed an AC problem. I think it's fixed now. I prefer V1 personally. I think V2 made my Raptor a bit twitchy, and I'm not into that. I was very impressed with V1, so I think I'll stick to that.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only BP for me!!!! I run 93 but there are a few times I had to use 91 never had pinging.
I tried other brands when Sunoco drop 94, didn't like any of them.
And could tell right away if the gas is crap, the Superchager will have a different tone and I could feel there is less zip.

When was the last time you threw in Injector cleaner? The good stuff.
Try a small bottle of Star Tron. Who knows, you could have a lot of ethenol and water sitting in the tank robbing you of HP.

That's a great point

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck has less than 7500 miles... but anything possible

Jeff sent me a file to do the data log... preparing to do it tonight or tomorrow, hopefully can find out what's going on :emotions122::emotions122: