The Tune by SVC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've have had both the V1 (we thought was V2) and the V2 tune.
Mileage with the V1 = 15.1 to 15.2 MPG
Mileage with the V2 = 15.1 to 15.2 MPG
With the cold weather here, I expect mileage to drop. (idle times & winter gas)
You will find that optimum mileage comes from:
the
"adjustment of the 'nut' behind the wheel"

Gilligan

Reaction score
i switched to V1 with a -4 spark ratio yesterday, i'm curous to see what it performs like and what MPG it gives me.

I wanted to remember what paying under $3 a gallon felt like, and I'm thinking with snow/ice season being here V1 may perform a bit better for me.

zer0gravity

Reaction score
Can someone suggest a Bluetooth OBD reader (eBAY) for doing some data logging. My Tune honestly runs pretty poorly and feels like I'm towing a boat in 4th-6th gear.

zer0gravity

Reaction score
I think that is a full tuner. I'm just looking for a reader / something that will work with dashcommand. (android)

Last edited:

Bad_Rooster

Reaction score
OK, so I just bought a 5 star Livewire, mY son talked me into it @ 4:00 am Thanksgiving eve, hell it's not even here yet, how much to add this to it? a 100.00 ? And from what I gather I don't need to send it in? I can download the update like I do Edge for Diesels through my P.C? Damn I should of waited a bit.

Edit; After thinking on it again and not so tired, I think I'll give the 5 star a good chance, I don't typically run anything more here @ 4400' than 87 and 89. I don't believe the stock tune can use anymore than 89 @ this altitude. Now in Fresno Ca its a true beast on 91 octane even with the stock tune. Here you guys are MOSTLY comparing the 93 Octane 5 star tune to the svc tune, I'm not going to use 93 here as there is only one station around that sells it. The "Daily Driver 89" octane is really what I'm after, from reviews it seems ZBoater has had both as well as others, and they are very similar, softer yet firm not harsh shifting and good perfomance, so I will try it out and see first.

Last edited: