The Tune by SVC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The tune can be adjuated to run which ever octane you'd like. Shift points will be the same and the truck will still have noticably gains. It perfroms best with the higher octane but it's not necessary

-Jeff

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just completed my first off road trip with this tune. Very happy with its performance. I only used manual mode for hill climb/decent or other slower speed higher rpm situations. Tune was able to provide the response I wanted from the truck in all other areas. It worked well for the highway and in town portions of the trip too. 1900 miles over 4 days and no complaints.

Complaints were reserved for my AFE intake. Connection to the air box broke off road. Several attempts at repairs left me on top of a mountain with a dead truck. We effected a temporary repair to get back. Now can't get parts for AFE. so, tune yes and AFE not so much.

suprspinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would it be better to wait and get the tune after i have my exhaust installed or get the tune now and just have it changed when i get the exhaust? also does anyone think the live wire is worth it over the handheld tuner to get?

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
would it be better to wait and get the tune after i have my exhaust installed or get the tune now and just have it changed when i get the exhaust? also does anyone think the live wire is worth it over the handheld tuner to get?

I'd get the exhaust first. The tune is going to change the exhaust note a bit. I like hearing the before and after. But most tunes don't need changes due to an exhaust. Headers? Maybe.

And I would definitely not recommend the Livewire. I got it thinking it would be cool to mount it and see the shiny gauges. I was also planning on wiring a front facing camera to it.

The screen isn't all that great. It washes out on bright sunlight, and it has very few gauge choices. I also worried about leaving it in the car and getting stolen with my stock tune in it. I decided to go the OBDII Bluetooth link route and a Google Nexus 7 running Dashcommand. Now, maybe, the Android/iOS app sounds interesting. But the X4 tuner does the job and is cheaper. My $0.02.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't used the x4, so I can't comment. Buy the Livewire gauges were useless. Not worth mounting for what choices it gave me. And now that I have Dashcommand, I doubt I'll ever go back.