Transmission Oil Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatGuy88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So real quick cause Im on the clock. But gonna be slapping on an AFE tranny pan and want to change the filter while im in there. Its a 2010 6.2 and saw their were a few options for a strainer filter and also a regular pan filter. Are there two filters for these pigs or just one? Thanks in advance for the help guys

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Be careful with the refill. There is a definite procedure for the cold and hot checks. If you don't do it right you'll pump expensive new transmission fluid out on the floor, and whether you do it right or not you're at least 98 percent certain to burn your knuckles on the exhaust.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So real quick cause Im on the clock. But gonna be slapping on an AFE tranny pan and want to change the filter while im in there. Its a 2010 6.2 and saw their were a few options for a strainer filter and also a regular pan filter. Are there two filters for these pigs or just one? Thanks in advance for the help guys
I realize it was years ago, but did you end up doing this? My specific question is about the filter - I know there are problems with the pickup extension that AFE provides. Did you have issues or did the filter listed in this thread fit the AFE extension?