Transmission...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluoval1118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok ladies and gents, I have a question. I don't know what section this was supposed to be posted in so I took my best uneducated guess. Anyway, has anyone read or heard of any companies out there that are going to be building stronger transmissions for out trucks? I'm not looking to replace the transmission just upgrade the internals. I want it to be able to use all the power of the supercharged engine to its full potential. Thanks for any input.

Baldwin09

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im sure any transmission shop in your area or a ford dealership will tell you tried to google upgraded transmission for ford raptor didn't come up with anything but questions like yours on other forums. What supercharger did you go with?

OP
OP
Bluoval1118

Bluoval1118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im sure any transmission shop in your area or a ford dealership will tell you tried to google upgraded transmission for ford raptor didn't come up with anything but questions like yours on other forums. What supercharger did you go with?

Thanks for your input. I love the truck I am just getting a feeling that the transmission will be the first thing to go. I have a vortech supercharger.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven't seen many (if any) threads about toasted transmissions... Worst case, just rebuild it stronger if and when you have issues?

OP
OP
Bluoval1118

Bluoval1118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen many (if any) threads about toasted transmissions... Worst case, just rebuild it stronger if and when you have issues?

That's what I am thinking. I just want to do research on a company that knows these transmissions so that when the day comes I am not stuck doing research when I could already have the work being done.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I am thinking. I just want to do research on a company that knows these transmissions so that when the day comes I am not stuck doing research when I could already have the work being done.

The biggest transmission killer is heat... Keep the heat down and it will perform... I suggest a larger cooler...

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
6R80 trans was made to handle 800ft lbs of torque at least that is how strong they say it is.