Towing with Supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lifted&slifted

Reaction score
Yes it’s an OBD II connection. There isn’t any “install” really. Just plug it in and connect to it.

You can get the ELM 27 OBD II dongle plug it in and download the app of your choice. The dongles are pretty cheap usually less than $10. Then you can use your phone or a tablet of your choice.
I had an amazon fire 8 HD tablet that I got for free so I just used that. They are only $60 if you need to buy one. I feel like it’s the perfect size and you don’t need extra tablet features of say an iPad.
I used a magnet cell phone mount and stuck it to the dash. It sits low enough that it doesn’t sit above where the hood line is so there is no loss on the field of view for the road.

The app I downloaded let’s you customize your screens so you can put what ever parameters you want to look at.

The transmission temp sensor should be standard on the truck, for my 13 it was already on there, and even accessible via the truck app in the instrument panel.

Also a huge benefit I have found is if you throw any codes you can read and clear them on the fly.

I will get more pics of the other screens and post them in a bit.
Any pics or more info??

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Warning do not by the cheap ELM OBD II dongles, they do not have the proper resistors and diodes!!!
It can try to write to the PCM for what ever reason and mess with your Tune or worse, it could damage your PCM.

Last edited: