Throttle Body Replacement Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I upgraded my heat exchanger which I know will help in the hotter months by cooling off the air more for intake, but I wanted to give you my impressions of the Ford 65 mm twin throttle body replacement. I am putting on the dyno in a few weeks.

The butt dyno sees an increase slightly in throttle response in both start and mid level acceleration. It is hard to tell sometimes, but there is a difference. JDM(where I got it) claims a 25-40 hp boost I believe. Obviously no way for me to measure until I see dyno results, so for the $750 it cost me including installation, not a bad little boost if that is accurate. When you are over 500rwhp, it is hard to tell the difference in such a small gain. But there is definitely a little pick up there. I see this as the same as when I first did CAI when the beast was NA. The tune definitely made a difference, but hard to tell on the CAI. Worth it for me as I am just trying to wring every ounce of HP I can. JDM has great customer service so I ordered a guage cluster replacement for the left door panel and putting that in next week. More fun to watch than anything else I would imagine. Will send some pics when complete.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That throttle body is a thing of beauty though isn't it?

HAP