Thinking about trading in your old for new?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sher-bant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded my old for new.
But in kept the 2010.

I happened to come across the sticker for my 2010 6.2. Seems I coul almost buy TWO of the '10 for what I paid for my new '17...
I'd pay TRIPLE the new Raptor is so good.

rwhufq.jpg

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, near brings tears to the eyes....

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

What exhaust do you have on your 6.2? With the factory set-up or the Corsa Extreme Cat-Back there is ZERO drone.
Factory

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, near brings tears to the eyes....

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Factory
Wow, my '12 had ZERO Drone with the factory exhaust. You must have some super-sensitive Vulcan hearing.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can agree with you to a certain extend, but for long drive trips the drone of the 6.2 gets old, IMO.
I can't imagine how much louder it is supercharged...I even sound lined my 6.2...my 6.2 is pretty much stock engine wise.
Then sometimes it's nice to be a bit more stealth.
I have Corsa catback and there is ABOSOLUTELY no drone whatsoever, you can drive the truck anywhere and as long as you want and you would be very happy. I had SW cat back exhaust on my Scab and I hated it because of drone. Switched to Corsa and never looked back. No need to sound line the truck.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Corsa catback and there is ABOSOLUTELY no drone whatsoever, you can drive the truck anywhere and as long as you want and you would be very happy. I had SW cat back exhaust on my Scab and I hated it because of drone. Switched to Corsa and never looked back. No need to sound line the truck.

Thanks! Will look into.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Wow, my '12 had ZERO Drone with the factory exhaust. You must have some super-sensitive Vulcan hearing.

Mine's a 14. I do have somewhat sensitive hearing, refused to go to the movie theater for years, too damn loud. Finally went a couple of years ago again, daughter was begging, but only after I went to Lowe's and got both ear plugs and ear muffs. Ear plugs alone don't cut it. Only a few softer voices I couldn't hear. Still don't care much for the movie theater, but wife and kids....