Test Drove a 6.2!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got back from test driving a 6.2L Raptor and all I can say is....WOW :shock1:

My dealer called about an hour ago and told me they just unloaded a 6.2L Raptor...I was at the top of the list for one. So took off for my dealership to check out the new 6.2L by Ford. I climbed into the beast and as I pulled out of the parking lot I could tell a noticeable difference between the 6.2 and the 5.4 Raptor. I barely gave it some throttle and pulled out on to the hwy with ease. Once I got out on the hwy, and the road was clear, I nailed it. The 6.2L came to life very much like my Supercharged Harley :racing: I know you don't buy a truck like the Raptor for on road racing but it's nice to have some extra ponies in reserve for passing people doing 15mph under the limit. The 6.2L Raptor has no problem in that department and should make off roading even more fun should you find your self with some straight aways :rockon:

I'm set on the 6.2L and will pick one up once I make room for it.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:rockon: Sounds like all the hype is justified, eh? Awesome news for the guys that have been waiting!

Reaction score
I just got back from test driving a 6.2L Raptor and all I can say is....WOW :shock1:

My dealer called about an hour ago and told me they just unloaded a 6.2L Raptor...I was at the top of the list for one. So took off for my dealership to check out the new 6.2L by Ford. I climbed into the beast and as I pulled out of the parking lot I could tell a noticeable difference between the 6.2 and the 5.4 Raptor. I barely gave it some throttle and pulled out on to the hwy with ease. Once I got out on the hwy, and the road was clear, I nailed it. The 6.2L came to life very much like my Supercharged Harley :racing: I know you don't buy a truck like the Raptor for on road racing but it's nice to have some extra ponies in reserve for passing people doing 15mph under the limit. The 6.2L Raptor has no problem in that department and should make off roading even more fun should you find your self with some straight aways :rockon:

I'm set on the 6.2L and will pick one up once I make room for it.

Enough of a difference to justify trading in a 5.4 Raptor for the 6.2? :) Wish I could find a dealer in AZ that had a 6.2 on the lot so I could get a test drive.

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Enough of a difference to justify trading in a 5.4 Raptor for the 6.2? :) Wish I could find a dealer in AZ that had a 6.2 on the lot so I could get a test drive.

I have actually thought about going ahead and buying a 5.4L now and then trading up on a 6.2L later.

Reaction score
Of course! Well, it all depends on what your justification requirements are. To some, 100 more HP is justification enough :mrgreen: no matter how many thousands of $$$'s they lose.

Some people can afford to lose thousands without blinking, but I'd assume most of us aren't in that boat. :) I'm seriously considering the upgrade to a 6.2L, but I'm honestly not sure how I can justify it to myself. 100HP is awesome and I absolutely should have waited, so now do I pay for my impatience or live with a great truck that could use a little more oomph? Decisions, decisions. 1.5 seconds faster 0-60 is a decent improvement, but it's still not a sports car. I'm interested to see what the professional reviews of the 6.2 say and hopefully there's some comparisons.