Superchargers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juanchy21MIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That VMP is the same TVS as you get with a Roush. Just the Gen II from VMP has a better flowing inlet.

The owner of VMP is Justin Starkey. I have known him from way back in the day when he was still in HS and was getting started in the Mustang V6 world. He custom tuned my mustang. He knows his fords and if you get that kit with a VMP custom tune you will be happy.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did the same boat ride. I ended up getting the 700 HP JDM Roush. Still waiting on it to ship/arrive. I ordered the day after the Gen 2 Raptor reveal, and apparently Roush ended up in backorder due to Eco Boost allergies... Lol

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go whipple. More have done it and it is proven. Why take a chance on something new when you have a proven platform? I was where you are 8 months ago. Do more research, talk to more guys on here. There is a reason whipple is the most used on here.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would go whipple. More have done it and it is proven. Why take a chance on something new when you have a proven platform? I was where you are 8 months ago. Do more research, talk to more guys on here. There is a reason whipple is the most used on here.

I would actually put money down that there are a lot more TVS SC'd 6.2L setups than whipples. You realize how many factory roush SC's raptors were sold in addition to ford installed add on roush kits let alone those having shops do it.

The TVS is also what is used in the GT500 5.8L beast. Its a very proven platform. If I am going to SC a mustang I would want the whipple as I definitely would be putting a built short block, but unless you are spending the coin on building up the bottom end of the truck and doing driveline mods I will admit the whipple is more than you need. Would I still have a hard time choosing between a TVS and Whipple you bet, but for the cost savings alone the TVS is the best bet if you do not plan on doing any further engine upgrades down the road.

6.2Canadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Unless your building a race truck they are so similar you couldnt even tell the difference... The two systems are great but the TVS heat up a lot more around 15 psi and upwards.

But throwing it on a stock engine, the TVS build boost faster and create hp/tq lower in the rpm..

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The most complete, proven, turn-key package to get your Raptor 650 HP with a Roush TVS included with Custom tuning by JDM! 2010-2013 Raptor 6.2L Roush TVS 2300 Supercharger Performance Parts Upgrade Kit

2010_2013_Ford_F150_Raptor_6.2L_Roush_TVS_R2300_Supercharger_performance_parts_upgradge_Package_JDM__46067.1405420945.1200.1200.jpg