Supercharger Install Cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donk_316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you were local to me I would do it for half that.

One of the most simple kits I have ever installed. Literally took a few hours over 2 days to install.

Nothing hard about it. Installing headers was 100 times worse job.

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of being no help at all and telling him go do it himself, why don't we try and help a little... @svc @Doc Constantine @RPG

I'll be of help... Do it yourself. Maybe find a friend who is mechanically inclined and ask for help. Everyone who has done one says it is straight forward. When you are done, you have the satisfaction of doing it yourself, the knowledge of how it works, an understanding of issues if they arise later, and the $1600 in your pocket to take said mechanically inclined friend and wives out for an amazing dinner.

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of being no help at all and telling him go do it himself, why don't we try and help a little... @svc @Doc Constantine @RPG

Mine (whipple) was around 15 hours of labor, so a shop rate of just over $100/hr isn't too far out of line (California shop, anyway).

All good points on doing it yourself, and honestly I probably could have, I had read the threads and it seems pretty straightforward except for the notorious bolt.

For me there is always a tipping point on cost which will be different for everyone - my time vs. have it done by a shop that has experience doing it. Since I was also having work done there that I couldn't do (paint fenders) and I was out of town, I decided to have it professionally installed.

Last edited:
OP
OP

07Supra

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't getting hosed on the labor charge. I have not found many shops in Atlanta to even give me a price to install. I might give Vmp a call I know the have done a lot of these installs and would probably be a little less on labor. I could turn it into a vacation. Anyone else have shop suggestions for the Atlanta or southeast area? The shop I got the bid from is not experienced with Raptors. The do more the JDM / turbo market.

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VMP Performance

The Memorial Day Sale is ON! Use VMPPERFORMANCE17 at checkout for 6% off just about everything in the store INCLUDING VMP GEN II-R TVS superchargers and kits.

Call and talk to Justin or BJ, buy the kit with the discounts and then install it when you come down for vacation. They charged me 12 hours labor or roughly $1200 to install it.