Supercharger considerations/options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I nearly pulled the trigger on a Roush package a while ago (would have been a new truck), but for reasons I won't bore you with it didn't happen. Since then I've been considering supercharging my current 2012. Since this would be an add-on now I figure I have a lot more options - mainly the Whipple instead of the Roush. I know a fair amount about the Roush, less about the Whipple. I've done a chunk of reading so I don't need to re-hash much. Two pieces of info I'm looking for where I've come up a bit short.

1. Realistically how much are we talking (roughly) to have a Whipple installed and what if any options should I be considering? I know it's considered to be a fairly bolt on install, but I still want a pro for this sort of thing.

2. Are there any reputable shops in the Denver area that would know what they are doing (there's a Roush place, but I don't know about Whipple).

I don't need to start a Roush vs. Whipple debate at all. From everything I've read the Whipple outperforms, so my intent here really is to get a cost comparison. There's a reputable shop here that can do the Roush package for about $9,600 out the door. Really I'm just trying to see where the Whipple falls compared to that. This is probably still a year or so out.

Thanks in advance!

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've read previously you'll probably get a few recommendations for the JDM Roush 650 package or Whipple if you want to go balls to the wall

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I don't need to start a Roush vs. Whipple debate at all. From everything I've read the Whipple outperforms, so my intent here really is to get a cost comparison. There's a reputable shop here that can do the Roush package for about $9,600 out the door. Really I'm just trying to see where the Whipple falls compared to that. This is probably still a year or so out.

With our Whipple/SVC package, we can get you out the door closer to the $10k mark installed (and with 685hp!) Of course your probably looking for a more local installer, so as far as installation cost your gonna be looking in the ball park of $1400-2000 depending on shop/locale. Our Whipple/SVC package starts at $7699. (Of course there is performance and eye candy options that will raise the price).

-Joseph Haynes

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dane, have I met u over at one of Chris's bbqs? I'm also in Denver.

I went ahead and installed a whipple on my H2 a few years ago, really not that big of a deal. I felt better trusting I knew who did the work in case something went wrong. The hardest part about it was dropping the fuel tank to install the larger pump, not sure if you need to do this on a raptor install, but even then it wasn't a big deal.

The only people I let work on my truck besides me is the ford dealer.

--John.

I nearly pulled the trigger on a Roush package a while ago (would have been a new truck), but for reasons I won't bore you with it didn't happen. Since then I've been considering supercharging my current 2012. Since this would be an add-on now I figure I have a lot more options - mainly the Whipple instead of the Roush. I know a fair amount about the Roush, less about the Whipple. I've done a chunk of reading so I don't need to re-hash much. Two pieces of info I'm looking for where I've come up a bit short. 1. Realistically how much are we talking (roughly) to have a Whipple installed and what if any options should I be considering? I know it's considered to be a fairly bolt on install, but I still want a pro for this sort of thing. 2. Are there any reputable shops in the Denver area that would know what they are doing (there's a Roush place, but I don't know about Whipple). I don't need to start a Roush vs. Whipple debate at all. From everything I've read the Whipple outperforms, so my intent here really is to get a cost comparison. There's a reputable shop here that can do the Roush package for about $9,600 out the door. Really I'm just trying to see where the Whipple falls compared to that. This is probably still a year or so out. Thanks in advance!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure if you call Whipple, they will have a authorized Whipple shop and even a authorized Ford Whipple dealership somewhere close to you.
I pre-ordered mine and had it installed at a authorized Whipple Ford Dealership for just under $11,000.
Then added the HD HE with Fans later because it was not available at the time I went Whippled.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dane, have I met u over at one of Chris's bbqs? I'm also in Denver.

I went ahead and installed a whipple on my H2 a few years ago, really not that big of a deal. I felt better trusting I knew who did the work in case something went wrong. The hardest part about it was dropping the fuel tank to install the larger pump, not sure if you need to do this on a raptor install, but even then it wasn't a big deal.

The only people I let work on my truck besides me is the ford dealer.

--John.

Nope, I haven't been to one. If it's who I'm thinking of, I did sell him a spare tire and he invited me to a BBQ, however I wasn't able to make it due to previous plans.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With our Whipple/SVC package, we can get you out the door closer to the $10k mark installed (and with 685hp!) Of course your probably looking for a more local installer, so as far as installation cost your gonna be looking in the ball park of $1400-2000 depending on shop/locale. Our Whipple/SVC package starts at $7699. (Of course there is performance and eye candy options that will raise the price).

-Joseph Haynes

I don't care about eye candy, but what performance options should I consider?