To supercharge or not???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 Screw. I am thinking I want to supercharge it, just because I can. I am also contemplating the Livernois cams, etc. I might do both.
I have seen some people saying a four wheel drive should not be supercharged, and know that there are plenty of people supercharging these trucks. I am wondering what the arguments are against supercharging, other then it is expensive? I can afford to do whatever I want to do with the truck, so what are the concerns?

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are gonna offroad a fair amount, I would lean towards NA (Livernois - cams, etc) to make your horses. Esp out here in the AZ sand

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
If $ was not a concern of mine the 1st phone call I'd be making is to Leon Patton and having an 800-900 hp MONSTER built

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have the money do it the right way. Everybody and their pet parakeet have SC Raptors. Build HP the way it should for an off road truck. Sorry and this hurts people’s feelings but a SC Raptor SCREAMS STREET QUEEN I AM A POSER to me.

Kind of like the guys with the sport bikes with a worn stripe down the middle and the sides still have the mold film on them lol…

I would have already done mine but there was nothing around when I bought mine so it is too late now.

Shafiroff Racing is the builder of my serious motors..

OP
OP
A

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why? I get the whole NA thing, but really to me a supercharger is a viable option. The reason I have the money I have is because I don't spend it senselessly. Other then personal opinion, is there a reason that a supercharger is not a viable option?

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Though there are desert race trucks that are forced induction and do fine, I've heard too many horror stories about FI trucks having major issues off-road, especially in very dusty/sandy areas. That's my take. For me $ better spend on internal engine components

Killjohnathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer your ?, SC raptors have been having issues while hard off-roading, if you are driving it primarily on the road and dabble in light to moderate off-roading a few times a year SC are a great option. A lot of guys on here are serious into hard off-roading and the SC have been burning up trucks and breaking parts. That is unacceptable to peeps that want to really make their raptor fly off-road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why? I get the whole NA thing, but really to me a supercharger is a viable option. The reason I have the money I have is because I don't spend it senselessly. Other then personal opinion, is there a reason that a supercharger is not a viable option?

Because F/I builds heat in optimum conditions - off road wheeling only makes heat buildup worse. The only way I would consider running F/I in the conditions the Raptor was designed for would be centri or even better, turbo and I'd have forged internals.

There are several Raptors that have had engine fires because of running top mount superchargers in very high load conditions.