Supercharge the 6.2 or save money for 2017 Raptor?

6.2L supercharged or save for the 2017 raptor

• Supercharged it

Votes: 99 73.9%
  • Wait for the 2017

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • keep it stock and keep it forever

Votes: 14 10.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
More than happy with my stock 2013 with aftermarket exhaust of course! Still trying to picture ever having a v6 Raptor with that horrible sound. I'm sure it'll perform great but I just love the sound of a V8 thundering across the desert at speed. Can't beat it!! Not really a supercharger fan either so I vote for a NA V8 (not necessarily stock but no turbos or superchargers) with a great sounding exhaust. Keeping my 13 for a LONG time and if the new Bronco doesn't come out in a couple years, my goal is to pick up a second gen1 for ???

Last edited:

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truckzor,

Welcome to the fast club buddy. You will not regret it. 550 rwhp and still trying to get more. Talk to JDM for some sweet add ons once you get it all on. They have great tunes as well. You have to get another tune immediately. The stock whipple one is a complete joke.

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My whipple kit finally arrived, took whipple THREE weeks to ship out. Looking to get it install in January. Still trying to find a good shop around.... :baby:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still trying to picture ever having a v6 Raptor with that horrible sound.

I'll never be able to picture that, which is why I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the whipple.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Truckzor,

Welcome to the fast club buddy. You will not regret it. 550 rwhp and still trying to get more. Talk to JDM for some sweet add ons once you get it all on. They have great tunes as well. You have to get another tune immediately. The stock whipple one is a complete joke.

Thanks bro. I'm actually targeting 550rwhp myself. I'm using the Whipple twin 68mm TB and 60 lb/hr fuel injectors. Will be running Kooks 1 7/8" headers, a green catted Y, and the MBRP turn down.

Special thanks to @MTF for helping me get everything figured out.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. See signature line for more stuff to enhance it. I just did the rear Deavers, holy shit. This is a must when you have that much power. The wheel hop is brutal without it. Best mod I have done in a while. The ass stays down and jumps off the line.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice. See signature line for more stuff to enhance it. I just did the rear Deavers, holy shit. This is a must when you have that much power. The wheel hop is brutal without it. Best mod I have done in a while. The ass stays down and jumps off the line.

Deavers, Camburg tig shackles, and Rogue Racing traction bars are also on order :)

I've been doing my homework ;)

Special thanks to all those who blazed the trail. Yourself included.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very impressive! You have been doing your homework. Are you doingthe upgrade kit from JDM? Smaller pulley, etc?

I'm doing the Whipple upgrade kit with a 3.25" pulley, larger HE, 60 lb/hr fuel injectors, and the Whipple billet twin 68mm TB. I opted for the billet oil pump gears and an upgraded drive shaft, as well.

Really can't wait to join the club :)

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know my suggestion :)

We have sold tons of Whipple and Roush kits to our Raptor customers on the fact that not many are happy about the Ecoboost engine in the 2017. Nothing beats a blown 6.2L in my book. They are just so much more fun to drive like that, you'll never understand how you drove your truck with out a blower! Let us know if you have any questions, we've probably installed more superchargers kits on Raptors than anyone else!

JimIII
732-780-0770

Do you think a supercharger is reliable as NA? I mean I use my truck for everything and want to drive it a LONG time, how is the 6.2 for holding up to a supercharger? How about COLD winters? Any considerations for longevity to the supercharger itself? What would be the highest milage Raptor with a blower on it the whole time you've seen?

Thanks!