Suggestions on 6.2 engine mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

korbendallas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Let me start by saying that I do not know engines or what works on a raptor well, so I would like any opinions on what type of engine/performance modifications I should do, if any, to my incoming 2014 Screw.

Let me give a little idea of how it will be used. I own a business that will require a few different uses. It will be my daily driver and get 95% of its miles on the highway. Periodically it will have to tow broken down delivery vehicles or a bobcat on a 16ft trailer. I regularly carry loads of oxygen tanks around 1000lbs. We also deliver to people in rural areas who live on poorly maintained roads in all weather.

I currently have a 15 year old Tahoe with a K&N intake, Whipple, headers, Borla and tuned. It does everything I need except going off road. I have broken suspension components a few times.

Thanks for any help!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd say do the Whipple again, best bang for the buck!!!
If you not looking to get all the HP out of the Whipple you do not need to change the exhaust.
The gains (up to 30+ hp) going with headers are not worth the money IMO as a must do right away list.

Do yourself a favor right away and get rear springs like the Deavers +3 and the bump stop kit with the heavy trailering option.

The stock rear spring are worthless.

And also do the Mid-Perch on the front shocks!

Last edited:

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The power is really good stock. I do have a supercharger on mine, but not really used for everyday use, or even towing. Just more wide open throttle in the sand dunes, for me anyway. As already recommended, you should look at the RPG Stage 3 kit for the back or equivalent. This includes new springs, frame reinforcement support and bump stops. I would do that and go to mid perch on front, and I would say you will be very happy.

krea.tion

Reaction score
I think you might have bought the wrong truck. That oxygen tank is too heavy to sit in the bed and this truck is no good at towing heavy loads like a Bobcat. Atleast thats what I gather from my research, I'm in search of a Raptor for myself.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Start with an oil separator. I kick myself daily for not doing in sooner.

You know who has a maintenance free oil separator? I know for the lightnings, we used an L&S oil separator. Never had to empty

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know who has a maintenance free oil separator? I know for the lightnings, we used an L&S oil separator. Never had to empty

That's pretty awesome. I'm unaware of a "maintence free" separator for the Raptor, however it'd be worth investing in. My Moroso collects a significant amount of oil, much more than I would pictured anyway.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On the supercharged 5.4, from the filter, it dumps back into the motor. So no loss of oil either.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Only problem with those is your not just dumping nice clean oil into the crankcase. It is full of water, a milky mess on many engines. Depending on your driving, you might not need to check and empty except every oil change.