Strongly considering Hellion, or possibly whipple - suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schaibaa

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So it looks like the price of the two options is similar enough that price won't factor into the decision. I plan to go with a full exhaust, upgraded driveshaft, and billet oil pump gears.

Are there any must-haves I'm missing from my list? Also - any reason I should reconsider and go for the whipple?

Thanks!

ProjecT 9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, I'm going hellion based on the good things I've been reading. Me personally, I know I'd be happier with the amount of power made with that setup. If I'm Spending over $10k I want to see north of 600rwhp. the kit comes with all stainless piping, stainless headers, has a couple upgrades available. looks quality.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you plan on off-roading? The complexities of adding an after-market twin turbo kit to a Raptor is pretty intense and not necessarily a good thing. Whipple has been done quite a few times and has a pretty good track record. Then again, if you don't plan to off-road, then go for the twin turbo.

ProjecT 9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest my truck will probably see 85% street use, rest split between the deer lease and any chance I actually get to see some dirt/sand. I'd drop everything at the opportunity to go flying down some the same trails/roads I see the guys from rogue, rpg, etc posting videos of but realistically for me, work, family, location of where I live, it'll be hard to get away. So That was also taken into consideration for me yes.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same boat for me Project. Twin not available when I went sc. Love to see, hear, and compare dyno numbers when your done. Installing throttle body and upgraded intercooler this week, one more custom tune after that and I will be maxed out. Unless I change the gears(don't think I will). So max I can expect is 550 rwhp with my 37's. Not bad, but it sounds like the twin is 650 rwhp. Is that accurate?

OP
OP
S

schaibaa

Reaction score
I did not realize they were close in price. I thought the twin turbo was more. What is the drive out cost? Is the RWHP really 650?

I'm still waiting on a quote - and I guess the price difference depends on how you look at it. Since the Hellion kit comes with headers, you can sort of take ~$1500 off of the price of the kit to compare price. Whipple, installed with the updated heat exchanger is around $9400 here. The Hellion is probably around 12k but if you take $1500 off for the headers, it's pretty close.

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Hellion setup costs the same as the setup Livernois is doing for me with Whipple. IMO, I personally love turbo'd cars far more than I love SC vehicles BUT... I feel that in our situation, SC is the far safer route to take with our trucks. My buddy has a BMW 335i, fantastic car, it's an M3 killer with just a tune on it. But the reliability is shit mainly due to the turbos/wastegate components. Stick to the tried and true Whipple setup. Just safer in my opinion.