Story of my defective rocker arms on my 2010 6.2, and Fords help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
So, been a stressful week to say the least! Last Tuesday I got out of my truck and heard what I would describe as a half a knock, half a tick. I could hear it from the top of the motor, wheel well, and even under the truck. Wasn't real loud, the guys at work thought I was crazy, but I could defiantly hear it. I started to do my research and figured it was probably the canister purge valve, so I ordered and replaced it. Started it up afterwards and was deviated well the noise was still there. I made an appointment at The dealer, and dropped it off. I am lucky enough to have a dealer that I like and trust. The tech and I walked out and he also heard it and I discussed a TSB that a member on here told me about. He looked it up and found the TSB 10-25-7. Apparently there was a problem with 2010 6.2 rockers, never heard of it before even after researching the noise. I went home with a heavy heart and researched the TSB# and found quite a bit of info on the super duty forums for early 6.2s also. The next day the dealer called me and said that I had a bad rocker arm on the passenger side. They recommended to replace all of them as the new one is a revised part. Cost $1200! Dammit! 8000 miles out of warranty.

I Pm'd Crystal the ford customer service rep that is a member here on FRF. She was super helpful and got me set up with my regional customer service rep, Ron. Ron was also super helpful and in the end was able to help out and cover 60% of the tab! Thanks again! Awesome that ford cares about the customers!

I was lucky enough that my dad let me drive his raptor for the week. Got my truck back tonight and all is well again. Now I get to enjoy the great sound of a healthy 6.2 through CORSA!!! A'men!!!

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford covering 60% of the cost is fantastic and restores my faith in the company. Good to hear that you are back up and running.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow. Excellent outcome. Thanks for sharing the good news.

Buy a raffle ticket for Avery: win an awesome prize.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/november-pay-forward-event-38746/#post780993

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

Why the **** can't Ron be my regional customer service manager.

He's only one state over.....

Buy a raffle ticket for Avery: win an awesome prize.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/november-pay-forward-event-38746/#post780993

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...I Pm'd Crystal the ford customer service rep that is a member here on FRF. She was super helpful and got me set up with my regional customer service rep, Ron. Ron was also super helpful and in the end was able to help out and cover 60% of the tab! Thanks again! Awesome that ford cares about the customers!...

Yay! Outstanding news, Crikk; I'm so happy I was able to help. Thanks for sharing your results with us!

Crystal

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decent outcome for you, glad Ford stepped up a little bit.

One of the ladies at work has a 2010 with the 6.2 and had the rocker arms fail very early in the trucks life (12,000km I think). Guess it's fairly common.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Last edited:

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is excellent. It is far better than what happened to me when the Transmission went out 400 miles out of warranty on my Excursion. I was basically told to, well, forget it. I think they laughed.