Stock Roush Raptor Vs. CAI/Headers/Tune Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who'd win?

Stock Roush makes 525 fwhp. Factor in the ~%20 loss through the drivetrain & it makes roughly 420 with the added 125 lbs of the supercharger & less reactive throttle response versus a tuned Raptor.

CAI/Headers/Tune Raptors make ~375 rwhp & have a throttle response that's very reactive.

So, what's the verdict?

SterlingE55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the torque produced by the supercharged truck would negate any weight or throttle response gains from a CAI/H/T truck.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it would be close...add in a 90 degree day and even closer...

I think Nick's made close to 380hp without headers!

jpboats

Reaction score
there is no comparison, i have owned two roush raptors and I assure you there is no comparison to stock, I currently have the 590 hp one and it is awsome,

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is no comparison, i have owned two roush raptors and I assure you there is no comparison to stock, I currently have the 590 hp one and it is awsome,

You obviously missed the CAI/Headers/Tune part. I'll bet money that my procharged Raptor would eat any Roush Raptor for lunch.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lets see em...:driver:

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

You obviously missed the CAI/Headers/Tune part. I'll bet money that my procharged Raptor would eat any Roush Raptor for lunch.

Now were talking Root Blower vs. Centrifugal blower...

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets see em...:driver:

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Now were talking Root Blower vs. Centrifugal blower...

Yeah, but unless you launch in 4H (On Asphalt = WTF!!!) or have drag radials the instatorque of a twin screw or roots will lead to a burnout with any type of 35" & up tire.

Now, for offroading, the instatorque is great...until you heatsoak of course.

I went centrifugal due to less heatsoak issues & the lack of low end torque that'll cause the truck to catch off the line. The lack of low end on a centrifugal can be made up with the proper placement of a wastegate or restrictor plate & the added heat can be negated by a good **** injection kit.

Last edited:

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ahve a built motor??

built motor vs. superchargers would be fun..

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Did you miss it? OP's talking about a CAI, headers and a tune and you're talking about your "Procharged Raptor" eating any Roush Raptor for lunch.

Since you seem to have changed the subject, I'd like to hear all about why your Procharged Raptor can eat Roush Raptors for lunch.

Can Roush Raptors eat your Raptor for dinner or dessert? Just wondering...