Stock 6.2 camshaft specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badass69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are Fords factory F150 6.2 camshaft specifications. I have gathered lift myself but cannot find anything more than that.

I have found lift numbers from data available on here and other websites. However finding stuff like duration and lobe separation angle is of interest to me. I measured my livernois cams and although the lift increase is relatively significant I am questioning the duration versus the stock cams. Lsa is another one too... I fail to see how these cams cause any "lope" . With the duration and lsa they have they should idle just as smooth as stock.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well with higher lift this means they will stay open longer.
I assume you saw the YouTube vid?

Livernois and L & M Engines are the only ones I'm aware of doing Raptor cams.

Mike at L & M Engines would probably be open to talk about them.
Don't know how much info your going to get but it may be worth a shot.

They are the ones that did "Biggest" 778 rwhp build.
https://www.lmengines.com/

Last edited:

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Livernois will tell you next to nothing, save that it is proprietary knowledge.

OP
OP
B

Badass69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duration determines time open... actual lift numbers does not mean more duration. The 2 numbers are essentially unrelated lol.

I know the aftermarket cam specs... I measured the stupid things. Amazing what you can do with a dial indicator and a degree wheel. They are 200/212 duration @.050" with .600/.577 lift on a 116 Lsa. Margin of error based on my degree wheel readings but I am close.

I want the FACTORY F150 6.2 cam specs like duration and lobe separation angle. But let me guess... I probably have to measure those too lol. I want to make a proper comparison over what exactly you are paying so much money for here... The duration is extremely low on these cams and with that wide lsa unless you can't tune they should not make any "lope" at idle. I am not done my measurements yet and will get intake and exhaust centerlines as well. The valves open a bit more but I am doubting they have any significant time open and or overlap from the stock cams.

Piston to valve is an issue and i know that... plus using an adjustable phaser just compounds that problem that much more by advancing and retarding on the fly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Badass69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's fine and dandy.... that promo video I have seen a dozen times means nothing to me or my question in hand. What are the factory Ford cam specs? Lol.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Huh? What are you even talking about here? How does any of this have to do with me asking for what Fords factory cams specifications are?

OP
OP
B

Badass69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can measure my own trucks cams if I tear it open but it would just be nice if someone knew of this stuff was published. Asking a dealer will be pointless... they won't even understand this stuff for the most part and I doubt Ford has it in their service parts manuals.

I am borderline wanting to ship this stuff back and take the money to buy.... nothing!

Last edited:

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you see this? ---> 2011-2012 RAPTOR 6.2L PERFORMANCE CAMSHAFTS | Part Details for M-6550-RXT* | Ford Racing Performance Parts
Not what you are looking for .... But, after reading this . .
. . the cost and time, changing the pistons . .
the small amount of gain . .

screw the camshaft change. That is a recipe for a headache

PRESURIZE that PUPPY!

All it should take would be fly cutting the pistons. I'm interested in cam specs for whatever cams are available for our rigs.