still the " theme " supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivo1.cox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read the articles of the forum concerning the supercharger : Procharger , Rousch and Whipple . While Procharger is based on the geometry of the turbine, Rousch whipple are compressors gear . The displacement compressors ( gear ) give the power now at low speed , while the turbo from 2500 to 300 rpm upwards .
Who can tell me the acceleration behavior that otherwise the Raptor ?
I want to buy a SC and I 'm documenting (thanks to JDM ) , I read that the Rousch is quieter Whipple . The Procharger is much easier to install and repair, no invasive, what is your your experience ?

there is still the subject of " tuning" , I read that ProCharger would need a tuning on the site..... and here in Italy is not possible while Rousch and Whipple have the Handled ermina for setup . some of you have mounted the SC in the garage at home ?
moreover on youtube to see SC raptor: Rousch or Whipple. but fom Procharger .... the last movie are from two years ago ..... not install any more ? or ?
thank you all

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I read the articles of the forum concerning the supercharger : Procharger , Rousch and Whipple . While Procharger is based on the geometry of the turbine, Rousch whipple are compressors gear . The displacement compressors ( gear ) give the power now at low speed , while the turbo from 2500 to 300 rpm upwards .
Who can tell me the acceleration behavior that otherwise the Raptor ?
I want to buy a SC and I 'm documenting (thanks to JDM ) , I read that the Rousch is quieter Whipple . The Procharger is much easier to install and repair, no invasive, what is your your experience ?

there is still the subject of " tuning" , I read that ProCharger would need a tuning on the site..... and here in Italy is not possible while Rousch and Whipple have the Handled ermina for setup . some of you have mounted the SC in the garage at home ?
moreover on youtube to see SC raptor: Rousch or Whipple. but fom Procharger .... the last movie are from two years ago ..... not install any more ? or ?
thank you all

We offer Procharger too and custom tuning that we can package as a kit! We just prefer the Roush and Whipple due to the instant power and torque from a twin screw/ TVS design vs. the Centrifugal type. Personally Whipple is the best install out of all three, performs the best, but cost the most. Roush is a very close 2nd place and saves a couple of duckets. Procharger is least cost, they are capable of making the most peak HP but lack in the TQ and low end power department.

Now that I've given you a 3rd option I'm sure I have your head spinning even further, but honestly you can't go wrong with either!!

JimIII

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a roots supercharger and a whipple and a procharger. Get a gear type for the truck. The design the centrifugal makes it very efficient when banging through the gears at higher rpms. But they just rob power when you are putting around below 4,000 rpm. I installed my roots and the procharger, they both were a hassle, but I never had to go back and fix anything on my roots type. Also, the procharger is going to have an air bypass valve before the intercooler and it is loud when its open, which is whenever the engines MAP is below 0.

I had a whipple on a chevy 5.3L, it only whines when you floor it, otherwise you aren't going to hear it. Also, the whine is awesome.

My roots supercharger was not that much quieter than the Whipple. Go with a twinscrew like whipple.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whipple or Roush for low end grunt...get's you moving faster. Procharger sounds cooler and nets higher #s (dyno queen ego) and also sounds cooler if you get the big red race valve upgrade. Procharger also will net a slightly higher mpg (like that matters with this truck anyway). If you'll use it, go roush or whipple. If it's for looks and cool factor, get a procharger.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If properly maintained with a supercharger, will the 6.2l last just as long as stock naturally aspirated ?

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Being that you are overseas I would go with the Roush. The TVS blower is way better than the old roots blower and unless you plan on building a shortblock and other mods the whipple is not really needed. Now if one planned on building a shortblock and doing all the other required mods the whipple can put down some serious power. Just be prepared to break things if you want to turn the power up past the norm

OP
OP
ivo1.cox

ivo1.cox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@SilentShooter, thanks for your post, in the meantime, I purchased the Rousch from jdm engineering. What do you mean by "Just be prepared......... " ..I read that those who have mounted the SC of Rousch, had no faults ..... One more question what does it mean "short block"?

Inviato dal mio SM-T535 utilizzando Tapatalk

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@SilentShooter, thanks for your post, in the meantime, I purchased the Rousch from jdm engineering. What do you mean by "Just be prepared......... " ..I read that those who have mounted the SC of Rousch, had no faults ..... One more question what does it mean "short block"?

All he is saying is if you turn up the horse power a lot you run a higher risk of breaking something. What amount of horse power did you go with?

OP
OP
ivo1.cox

ivo1.cox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ciao Bulletnjm , I took the 700+ hp rousch stage 2 plus throttle body ford racing 65mm