Spark Plug advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ksutton

Reaction score
Just went through a spark plug change and thought there could be more information on the process like tips and tools. Maybe I missed a couple threads on the forum but the more threads the merrier in this case.

Get these:

Wobble Extensions

Swivel Socket Adapters

With these in combination with a standard extension you can reach every lower spark plug from the wheel wells. A couple are straight shots and a couple are by feel but it is 1000x easier through the wheel wells than from above. You can easily get the front lower plugs in by hand by using a 2" straight extension on the spark plug socket. The angle you need to insert the spark plugs does not work with the wobble extensions, essentially completely horizontal. The wobble extensions do allow you to get the proper torque on the spark plugs, using a swivel sometimes makes this difficult.
The top spark plugs are very straight forward, unless you have a TVS supercharger. This is easily a 2 hour job however first time confusion with removal of the supercharger elbow turned this into a 9 hour adventure (definitely not the pizza and beer).

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you mind elaborating on your confusion with the TVS elbow. I installed my TVS and not looking forward to changing those top ones. The rest were a piece o cake using the same tools you did. Only thing I did different was electrical taped on the socket and 2” extension. I kept pulling those two apart.

OP
OP
K

ksutton

Reaction score
The back bolts were difficult to reach on the elbow. Also someone may have half assed the vacuum lines on the back. They could only be plugged in when the elbow was on the TVS.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you please share the tools you had to resort to to get at the rear lower TVS bolts?

Thanks,
HAP

The back bolts were difficult to reach on the elbow. Also someone may have half assed the vacuum lines on the back. They could only be plugged in when the elbow was on the TVS.

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for info the 2 front lower ones on passenger look like Fockers. Going to attempt here pretty soon , been putting it off for 2 years . I have Stainless Works Headers so i will report back if it turns into a **** show.