Should've bought the tuner as well!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ethan emma

Reaction score
Time to ask the experts ....
Decided to purchase a couple items for my 6.2 2011:
A afe stage 2 cold air intake (just the intake), I cheaped out and didn't bother getting the tuner with.
Also got a gibson extreme split dual rear exit cat-back exhaust.
Truck sounds wicked, some diff from stock, but it runs like $h!t
Seems to be some hesitation when you get on it.
While at idle, it's right there, doesn't seem to be any hesitation, but once moving .... it's not happy.
According to a friend of mine (who's well into this kinda stuff) he says that the computer will sort itself out eventually.

Should I wait and see if it'll sort its self out, purchase a tuner or see if this guy I know who has a 6.2 will bye the same intake and get the tuner with it as long as I slide him some $$$$??

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did u disconnect the battery prior to installing?? It's always good practice when changing stuff but then will take the truck some drive cycles to adapt. A tuner however is a great addition. And will definitely help but I don't think is 100% needed I have an exhaust and same intake on right now with out my tuner (let my father try it out on his ecoboost and its doing fine on a 300 mile trip

SJMICP

Reaction score
+1 on the tuner, cars these days are so sensitive.... the MAF has to be calibrated since theres so much more air going through it compared to stock.